Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Week in Review

Last week was our 2nd full week at home with Hollon. Each week I feel like we get a little more settled, find out a little bit more and make a whole lot more new mistakes. But we are getting there!

Monday, Jake had his first football game. They've had a jamboree & a scrimmage, but this was their first actual real game. They were playing Chelsea at home. (A big thank you to Mimi for watching Hollon so that I could go to the game!! It was my first time to leave the house without Hollon.)

Getting ready to run through the banner

Here they come! Your 2014 K/1st Grade Pelham Panthers!

I love this picture because the coaches are having to point to tell the players where to run.
Basically at this age, it's the equivalent of putting helmets on cats and letting them loose.

My little man! Jake is #44

Coach Dad


The first play, our entire team ran onto the field to play
The coaches had to send half of them off to wait their turn
Like I said, it's the equivalent of cats playing football

Jake plays center and snaps the ball


Jake is the little one with his hands on the ball
He is getting ready to snap

Standing with Daddy waiting on the offense to be back on the field
Jake just plays offense and Rob is one of the offense coaches


They are all so cute & tiny!

Jake is in the background making a block

They even have little K & 1st Grade cheerleaders

Enjoying the half time cheerleader entertainment
Funny things about Kindergartners & 1st Graders playing football:
- After each play, there is at least one player from each team that just lies on the ground. They are not hurt, the coaches just have to pick them up to stand them back on their feet.
-Half the time, the players are busy watching the cheerleaders.
-When they play music during the timeouts, half the players dance.
-They constantly fight over & play with the water cooler until a coach or parent takes it away. (The coaches squirt water from a water bottle into their mouths, so there is no need for the water cooler anyway.)
-Half the time, one or two players are standing in the wrong huddle.
-Someone always has to go to the bathroom during the middle of a game or practice. (Usually my child.)
Unfortunately, the Pelham Panthers lost their first game. It stinks, because we should have beat Chelsea. We were better than them. We just had 2 touchdowns called back for holding penalties and we missed a tackle in which they scored on. But the kids had fun and did their best, and that is all that matters.

Miss Hollon had a pretty good week. Monday, she was an angel and we had a really good day.
Sweet little girl sleeping in the pack-n-play
Of course I was washing the sheet, so I just laid her directly on the mattress which she spit up on.
So now I have to figure out how to clean up those drool/spit stains!
I took a few up close snap shots of her little features. I know this tiny stage flies by, so I want to make sure I document everything. Which means 1,500 boring pictures to you.




This lamb lovee was the first gift we received after finding out we were having a girl
My best friend Stephanie gave it to us
Right now, Hollon likes to use it as a blanket
Tuesday Hollon turned 2 weeks old. Tuesday & Wednesday were rough days. Being 5.5 years rusty on having a newborn, I forgot how tough those rough days are.
Of course I have to include a picture fail

"This is annoying"

"I'm about to fall over"

"I look ridiculous"

"Okay, I'll just look at the camera if we can stop this"

On those rough days, you are grateful for those moments when they sleep

I'm sure the fact I was taking pictures like this would not contribute to her fussiness

She looks so sweet and peaceful
You'd never imagine she had just spent the entire car ride screaming

Catching a few z's with dad
Thankfully Thursday & Friday were much better. On Thursday I had a doctor's appointment. (Everything is looking good from the surgery.) 

I could just eat up those sweet little chubby cheeks

Annoyed that my flashing camera woke her up
Thank Goodness It's Friday!!


We call Hollon "Squeaky" because she always gets the hiccups and she sounds like she swallowed a squeaky toy. 

Trying out different swaddles and pajamas
Is there enough green in this picture?
Hollon spent Saturday morning outside with Dad

Watching College Game Day
Most of Hollon's umbilical cord has fallen off, but there is still a little piece left. So she is still just getting sponge baths. She likes it initially, but then usually starts crying halfway through.

So of course I must take picture of it
Saturday afternoon, Mimi & Granddad came over to watch the kids so Rob & I could run an errand and go eat lunch. It was so nice to be able to get out and enjoy adult conversation! 

On Sunday, Rob had to work, so the kids & I headed down to Prattville to visit my parents and for Jake to attend cousin Marrell's 6th birthday party.
Gran & Jake fighting with inflatable swords & hammers



Birthday fun at Pump It Up!

The birthday girl

Sweet cousins!


No comments: