Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Hollon Elizabeth - 2 Weeks

I'm getting better. Only 1 day late this week!


Two Week Old Recap:
Ups: When she smiles. Even if it is just because she just passed gas or pooped, I love her sweet little smile. Another highlight was one night I had changed Hollon into her pajamas and then went to check on Jake who was already asleep in his bed. I was holding Hollon as I was kissing Jake goodnight. And I just felt so incredibly blessed. I feel so lucky to be the mother of these 2 precious children who I love with all my heart. 
Downs: Going to pick brother up from school. The first day we went, she was great. I fed her right before we left and she slept the whole way. The following 2 days have been the opposite. I still fed her right before we left, but both days she cried screamed the entire way there. She does not have a soft gentle cry. It is a blood curdling scream. We've got to get this figured out. (To make it even more fun, on Tuesday, not only did Hollon scream the entire way to pick Jake up from school, but then once I picked Jake up from school, he asked if we could go to the library. I had to tell him no, because we can't take Hollon out in public yet. Which caused him to cry. So Hollon is screaming & Jake is crying telling me how mean I am. Fun times.)
Sleep: Hollon is still in the pack-n-play in our room. She sleeps the best in a gown and then swaddled in the miracle blanket. One night, I got worried because I was scared she was too hot. So I took off the swaddle blank, which caused her to wake up 30 minutes later. So then I put her on a onesie & swaddled her. The onesie made it too easy for her to get out of the swaddle and she proceeded to wake up every hour. Needless to say, it was a long night. So we are back to gowns & swaddling and are just blasting our air conditioner. 
Eat: I feel like we took a little bit of a step back this week in the eating department. Hollon tends to fall asleep during eating. You have to go through a whole process to wake her back up and get her to finish eating. She would love to eat for just 10 minutes, every hour. I had to break the news to her that wasn't happening. Another issue is she has started spitting up. So she & I go through a few outfit changes each day. I'm trying to watch what I eat to make sure that's not causing her to spit up. I'm also trying to balance, giving her time to eat so I'm not rushing her, but avoiding an hour & half feeding time period. 
Play: My best friend Stephanie gave us a little white lamb lovee, which was our first gift after finding out we were having a girl. Right now, the lovee is big enough to be a little blanket for Hollon when she is sitting in the bouncer or swing, but she really does like it. It's super soft & she loves to grab onto it. 

No comments: