Monday, January 18, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

What a WONDERFUL weekend! Jake & I traveled down to Gulf Shores to spend the weekend. We spent the weekend with my best friend Amanda, her husband & their 2 precious little boys Sellers (4) & Gabe (almost 2). It was so refreshing just to hang out, catch up and talk. And so much fun seeing the boys play together! (Well, Jake kind of played. He is going through a very clingy stage!) The boys were so sweet to Jake. They shared all of their toys & included him even though he was younger & slower. They have such sweet manners! On Friday night, Jake stayed with his very first non-family member baby-sitter. An ear infection & his clinginess didn't make for the smoothest leave, but the baby-sitter said he quit crying pretty soon after we left. We met our other best friend, Stephanie & her husband for a great dinner. I highly recommend the restaurant Jesse's if you are in the Magnolia Springs / Fairhope area. Delicious! Saturday was super fun because we all traveled over to Fairhope to celebrate Stephanie's little boy Grant's first birthday party. It was a monkey theme & Stephanie did such a great job on the decorations. We had so much fun! I also got to meet my good friend Julie's new little boy Jude. Jude was born during the Alabama/Auburn game. His parents, especially his dad, are huge Alabama fans. What good luck he brought at the end because we sure needed it! Jude was so beautiful & perfect during the party. I was so glad to finally meet him! I also enjoyed catching up with several other friends from college who live in the area. On Saturday night, Amanda & I took the boys to Mellow Mushroom to eat. Yum! I was so sad to leave on Sunday. These trips down south are bittersweet. I love seeing my friends so much, but get so sad when I have to leave. I've been so blessed with such good friends pre- & post- college. But there is something so unique about the friendship bonds you form while in college. Especially as college freshman! Especially my bond with Amanda & Stephanie. They came into my life at a time when I was so lost. They've helped me discover who I am & loved me in spite of all of my mistakes along the way! They are 2 of the greatest friends anyone could have, and I don't know why I got so lucky to have them both as my closest friends. And I just know that our boys are going to be best friends too!

Amanda, Sellers & Gabe threw a private birthday party for Jake! It included cake, presents & balloons. They even got Jake his own personal cake to dig into. How sweet & thoughtful! Of course he loved the cake!
The boys eating dinner Friday night, waiting for the baby-sitter to arrive.
The big birthday party! BFF's Gabe, Grant & Jake.
Grant & Jake playing with the Leap Frog table
Grant eating his birthday cake
Opening gifts
Sweet little Jude feel asleep with his little head still raised
Me, Amanda & Stephanie with our boys
Gabe & Jake holding down the fort at the end of the table at Mellow Mushroom
Sellers drinking out of his VERY long straw he made (Jake thought that Sellers was hilarious)
Playing together Saturday night

No comments: