Monday, January 4, 2010

Getting 2010 Started Right (January 2-3, 2010)

On Friday, we got our little Jake back! I was excited that he would have one day to hang out with Robbie & Denise before they left to go back to Delaware Saturday morning. I loved New Year's Day falling on Friday. It gave us Friday to sleep in, but then the weekend to just hang out. Since it was cold & rainy, we stayed in most of the weekend. It was great! Jake got to play with all of his toys. It was so much fun to just sit in the floor & play with him. It was a reminder to me, that sometimes we have got to just slow down & enjoy the moment. We are always racing around. It was so nice to just sit in our pajamas, play & read books all day. Jake loves all of the books he got for Christmas & his birthday. We've already read them all, and many of them twice! (Thank you Henry for Llama Llama Red Pajama. Jake is obsessed with it!) He got several different sporting balls which he loves and he also loves anything that he can beat on or bang together. I can honestly say though, that he has played with & loved every toy that he got. (Well, except for a few that he is terrified of, but the people who gave us those & us have had a good laugh over it!) We feel so blessed to have such a wonderful group of family & friends who have showered our little boy with such love & generosity.

Okay, so I missed the mark a little and never got a picture of Jake's first Christmas under the tree on Christmas morning. (Wasn't all my fault, Santa left some of his gifts in Chattanooga.) So I decided once we got back, I would just compile everything & take one big picture. So here is Jake with all of his Christmas goodies (plus probably a few birthday ones that I accidentally threw in). The only thing missing is all of the clothes he got. But there was no way I was dragging them all out of the closet! We have got one very lucky (& very spoiled) little boy!
Playing in his ball pit. (I've seen the same ball pit in so many other people's pictures on blogs & facebook. I guess that everyone else found the great deal too!)

No comments: