Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Chattanooga Friends Come to Visit

There is a band that Robbie and his best friend Zach have seen a few times. We saw them in Chattanooga not long ago and when we heard they were coming to Birmingham, the boys booked tickets. The concert was at Avondale, which is an outside venue downtown. The weather was perfect!
Kimberly & I
Please excuse my purse. Would not have been my first choice, but I needed something large enough, that I could wear as a crossbody, to put my wedges in, in case I wanted to change into flip flops later in the evening.
(Now, if that doesn't make me sound like a young little 20-year-old, I don't know what will.) (Yea right, I'll be 40 in 2 years😲)
The band sings yacht rock, which is music from the 70's. (Maybe you knew this? I did not.) One of their signature props is the sailor hat. (Hence, why half the people behind us in the photo are all wearing them.) Thankfully, Robbie did not waste spend $15 on a hat. Our friend Zach did. We just borrowed for the picture.

I feel like I am always thanking grandparents in a blog post. (Oh right, I usually am!) But Robbie & I truly have what have to be some of the very best parents (that are grandparents) in the world. Sweet Mimi & Granddad watched the kids for us. Not just our 2 kids, but our friends 2 kids as well. That's right. 4 kids, 2 of which are not even their grandkids. We normally would not just ask for them to watch random kids! They know Zach & Kimberly's kids very well and have spent time with them. It also helps that the older 3 (ages 8, 7 & 4.5) are pretty laid back, easy going and self sufficient. So they were really just having to deal with a high maintenance 2-year-old.
  
Saturday we went to the pool





And played in sprinklers in the backyard


8 year old humor... pretending the sprinkler water was them "peeing"😒






We ate dinner and then enjoyed ice cream cones for dessert



The 3 older kids fell asleep upstairs watching a movie


No comments: