Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Week In Review - Traveling Mom & Dad

November has been crazy with travel for Robbie & me. Which was great for helping me get caught up with October blog posts, but then put me behind with November. Hopefully I can get caught up in the next few days.

Before I left for Chattanooga, I enjoyed a few last days with this little mess.

She LOVES these little people figures and the Disney ones. She carries them around everywhere.

Jake had his last baseball game of fall season. It was such a great season! Even if we had lost every game, this set of boys and parents were beyond awesome. Everyone got along great and several of us are friends off the field as well. Jake got some great coaching and had a blast being on a team with so many of his close friends (because most of the dads are coaches, in the spring, when there are more kids signed up, we all have to split up). Of course, it is a lot easier to be laid back when you win every game. Our team killed it. It is not like we had a full team of all stars. The kids just worked well together and responded well to coaching. We were excited to end the season undefeated, but more excited about all of the fun memories with made this fall. 
Tanner & Jake
This is why I hardly ever take pictures of Jake. He cannot stand for me to take a picture when he is with his friends. Even if I know the friend! He was completely annoyed with me here. 



The kids usually play after the game and us parents pack everything up. Hollon thinks she is one of the boys.

Jake is such a sweet big brother and helps her




Thank you Mimi & Granddad for coming to all of the games!

The morning I had to leave her to head to Chattanooga

Little mama


I was up in Chattanooga for a bank partner meeting. I got home Friday afternoon, Robbie had the car packed up and then we headed down to Auburn for the Vanderbilt game (pictures from that in a separate post). We got back to Birmingham Sunday afternoon, then I turned around and left again for Chattanooga. This time Visa was in town. To make this week harder, Robbie had to leave to go out of town for a conference as well. 

~~Public Notice~~
Robbie's parents (Mimi & Granddad) are absolutely amazing. 

There is no way we could have gotten through this week without them. My parents have been pretty tied up with helping my sister and her new baby and 2 little boys over in Atlanta, so I hated to have them turn right around and head to Birmingham to help me (even though they sweetly offered). Sweet Mimi & Granddad said they would help and boy did they ever. I know it is not easy when you have 2 little ones close in age. A lot of times, having your kids ages spread out is easy, because the older one can help so much. But sometimes it makes it really hard, because they both have completely different schedules, time frames, needs and requirements. You can't just bundle them together as easy. So for us, that means someone has to wake up and get Jake ready for school. Take Jake to school. Then come back. Then get Hollon ready for school. Then take Hollon to school. You get a break. Then you have to pick Hollon up from school. About the time you get settled, it is time for Jake to get off the bus. Then it is helping with homework, cooking dinner, getting baths, refereeing, etc... And it is not always easy when they are 5 years apart. Neither understands why the other one has different rules, exceptions, passes. But you get used to it. I can't complain, because I signed up for it. I was the one that had the children! But sweet grandparents. Not sure this is what they signed up for. They were just supposed to get the fun stuff! But they helped us out greatly and I can just never thank them enough. Everyone got to where they needed to go, and with all their stuff. That not easy for parents, but especially for grandparents who are not used to doing it daily. But Mimi & Granddad were rock stars and handled everything perfectly. Thank you!! 

While we were gone, we got funny pictures like this



Robbie's conference was in Florida. So on the day he checked into his hotel, he sent me this picture.

And I sent him this one
Who got the better end of the deal?!?!

I got back Thursday afternoon and Robbie got back late Thursday night. Friday morning my parents came to get the kids to spend the weekend with them. The kids have only gotten to go one other time this fall and Jake was about to die if the only other time this year he'd make it to Nana & Gran's was when we'd all be there for the holidays. (He likes for no parents to be around when he is at Nana & Gran's. I can't imagine why?)

Way back at the beginning of football season, we decided that it would be fun to go to an away game. Other than Alabama and Tennessee, I've never been to an away game. Athens is one of Robbie's favorites, so we decided to go to the Georgia game this year. Hindsight, if we would have known how much we'd be traveling the month of November, we probably would not have planned the trip. But we were going with friends and all renting a house together. So if we backed out, the house price went up for everyone else. So we decided to keep our plans and just have fun with it. We left Birmingham early Friday so that we could stop in Atlanta and meet this new little precious thing....

Mae Stanley Harvard
She is just the most precious little thing in the world. I could have sat there and held her all day long. Robbie had to basically pull me out of the house, for us to get on the road and finish the trip to Athens. 

We made it to Athens late Friday afternoon. On Saturday was the big game.


The game certainly didn't end how Robbie wanted. But we still had a great time. We had a blast in Athens and with our friends. 

No comments: