Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Fall Break at the Beach

Jake's school got a week off for Fall Break this year, so we headed down to my parent's beach condo. (THANK YOU SO MUCH NANA & GRAN!!)
My brother's family had a long weekend holiday, so they were joining us part of the time too. I wished my sister & her family could have come, but she was a little tied up with a tiny project (having a baby). Since my parents would rather be at the hospital to hold their 7th grandchild than be at the beach, they choose to go to Atlanta. Not that we could blame them! Had we not already had this trip planned, we would have been there too (this is the first of my sister's children's births, that I have not been at the hospital). But then again, after you've just had a baby, the last thing you probably want is 10 Hollon's in your hospital room! But here is the Hollon family's newest little addition - Mae Stanley Harvard. Isn't she the cutest thing?!?!
You can read all about her sweet birth story {here}
We missed you Nana, Gran & Harvard's!!

So... here is what all trouble we were getting into at the beach.... 

Watch out beach! Hollon Elizabeth is on her way

She loves the beach. 
Except the sand. 
She would not get out of the chair unless I put down a towel for her to sit on.

She slowly warmed up to it. Here she is playing with cousin Marrell.

Uncle Billy, Jake & cousin Maddox out in the water

Cousins!

Up in the condo for a lunch break. Hollon's hair is long enough for a little ponytail now!

Sleeping horrible the night before and skipping your nap will do this to you. She fell asleep playing with my phone.




The next morning, Jake went down with Robbie to help setup the canopy.

By day 2, Hollon was an old pro at the beach


Sea life was everywhere. The kids caught this big crab.

Our sweet little Mo-mo

Hollon trying to be like Marrell


Burying Marrell



Maddox with a crab


Hollon almost won best face...

...but that award went to Jake.

He was so nervous! (Other than snakes [which he is scared of as well], he is not much of an animal lover) He wouldn't hold the crab, but would touch it with one finger.


Huge jellyfish kept washing ashore

That night, we all went to The Hub. The weekend caught up with Marrell at dinner.

That night, we played the game Heads Up. We had the best time!



My brother's family last day at the beach with us:(





Jake & Marrell have been enjoying the beach together since they were 2!

Hollon finally felt comfortable enough to want to get buried in the sand herself


After lunch, my brother and his family left. Then later that night, Rob had to fly out of town for a business meeting. So it was just the kids & I (and no car). So we ordered in pizza and watched a movie.

Watching videos waiting on the pizza to arrive

My in-laws had been in Niceville visiting Granddad Jake, so they decided to drive over for a few days to see the kids at the beach. 
Hollon wearing Mimi's hat










Going for a walk with Granddad


Some of my favorite things... a beach sunset and 2 kids worn out from playing all day

We grilled out that night. I had bought some glow sticks for the kids in case we went night crab hunting. But we didn't get to use them while Maddox & Marrell were here. So the kids played with them while we were grilling out.





What in the world was up with Hollon's shorts legs?!?!?
I can definitely say Hollon's fear of the sand seems to be gone.

Jake threw some football with Rob


Jake was annoyed with me for making him wear these swim trunks. They are a smidge too small, but I hate long board shorts! I liked that these were not long. It is so hard to find just regular length swim shorts for boys Jake's age. (And I know I'm not just being crazy, because Robbie hates long board shorts for himself as well.) But now looking at these pictures, they do look a little too short! 

My children are not high maintenance at all. They just like sitting in chairs, eating snacks with their feet chilling in a water pail.




One night we met Granddad Jake, GG Kathy and some other Bush relatives for dinner at Old Florida Fish House. While we waited for family to arrive, the kids played outside.









(My big camera's battery died, so the rest of the night's pictures were taken with a cell phone)






And we ended the evening in their little arcade hut


Last day at the beach!







We had lunch at Stinky's
Hollon using the restaurant buzzer as a camera


We hit the beach that afternoon, and then sadly packed everything up one last time this season. We went to dinner that night again at The Hub.



It was an amazing week. There is no prettier US beach, then the gulf coast beaches and no better beach area than 30a. And I loved getting to unwind and spend time with my sweet little family. 







No comments: