Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Auburn v/s Vanderbilt

We headed down to Auburn for the Vanderbilt game. This was going to be our last game of the season (we were not going to the last home game), so we decided to bring the kids down and take them into the game.

I failed all year to get a decent picture of Jake & Hollon











One of Jake's friends, whose parents happen to be friends of ours were coming to the game. They tailgated with us and we all walked to the game together (our seats were in different sections).

Hollon's feelings on Auburn




Jake's dream is to dance on the jumbo tron 

The game was at lunchtime and I knew would run into Hollon's nap. This could go 1 of 2 ways. Either he do great the first half, get tired, fall asleep and sleep in our arms the second half. Or act like a crazy woman the entire time. Of course we got option 2. The first quarter, she kept insisting that she wanted to stand on the railing. By herself. She would get mad when we'd try to hang on to her. So by second quarter, I decided to take the kids and get some food. The lines were sooooooooooooooo long. We made it back to our seats with the food with only a few minutes left in the 2nd quarter.
Standing in line to get food with 2 kids: 30 minutes
Amount of time said food entertains kids: 3 minutes
By halftime, I was over it so the kids & I headed back to the RV.  On the way back Hollon fell asleep. I just left her in the stroller to let her sleep. Jake & I watched games outside on the TV while Hollon slept.  
I know I say this every year, but even though I don't care for Auburn, I adore my Auburn family, our Auburn friends and the great memories we make during the fall weekends. And that makes it worth it all.

No comments: