Monday, December 29, 2014

Hollon Extended Family Christmas (December 21)

Usually we do the whole Hollon Christmas in one weekend, but my sister's family came down with the stomach bug right before the weekend, so we delayed our immediate Hollon family get-together until the next weekend. All of our extended family was already set to attend though, so we still got together on Sunday to celebrate. My dad only has 1 sibling and he had 2 daughters (April is 2 years younger than me & Tiffany is 4 years younger). We all grew up on our family's land out in the country (which sounds so Little House on the Prairie), so April & Tiffany were like sisters to me. I love that we all still get together on the holidays and that we all have children around the same age.
Hollon ready to kick off our holiday parties
(She attended the party in her pajamas.
I had a cute Christmas outfit to change her into, but got busy & never did)

Opening gifts from Maw-Maw
(My dad's mom)


The big highlight was the new zip line. Starting last year, my parents decided instead of getting the 3 oldest grandchildren each a big gift, they would buy a super big gift that they all could share & keep at Nana & Gran's, since they spend so much time there. Last year it was the trampoline. This year, it was a zip line. My dad & brother installed it the week before, so it would be ready for Christmas.


The kids pushing Alan (an adult) up

It is even fun for grown-ups


Every time Jake would ride it, he would scream.
Not because he was scared.
He just likes a good excuse to scream.






Video of Jake coming down the zip line

No comments: