Monday, August 25, 2014

Night Before Hollon Comes

I was going to post pictures of her nursery, but they were taking forever to load, so those will just have to come later. While I was waiting for Jake's weekend pictures to load, I was looking back at another online album that had our ultrasound pictures in it. Our first one with Hollon was at five weeks, back in December. That seems like so long ago, but yet just yesterday. This journey has been so much longer than just the 9 months of carrying Hollon. It goes back to that first ectopic pregnancy, then that year of struggle to get pregnant, then followed by a miscarriage and then another year of struggle to get pregnant. Even when we got pregnant with Hollon, I wouldn't get my hopes up. I wouldn't feel comfortable until we could hear the heartbeat. Then it was make it to 12 weeks. Then it was to get past the 20 weeks tests. Then I was worried about making it full term. I'd love to say that she'll come tomorrow and then all my worry will be over. 

But it doesn't ever go away, you just worry more!

I love her so much. I cried for her, I prayed for her, I feared she might not ever come. But the Lord heard my cries and answered. Maybe not exactly the way I thought he would or in my timing, but he did it his way in his timing and was always there with us. Just as I know he will be with us tomorrow. I am so excited to meet this little girl. Who knows what her future holds, but I do know two things. She has a Heavenly Father who formed her and made her before we even knew of her and he loves her so much. And she has a family, that will love, support and protect her fiercely. And she was the missing piece from our hearts and our family.

Welcome Home Hollon  

No comments: