Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Week Leading Up to Christmas

We took Jake to the Biarwood live nativity.
 
 
When we came to this scene, Jake said "look, baby Jesus is in a nest".
 
Jake watching with Daddy

 
 
 
At the petting zoo afterwards 
 
The McWane Center was having a model train exhibit for Christmas. Jake loves the trains at the McWane Center, so I just knew that he would love this exhibit. Wrong. He looked at it for 2 seconds and then wanted to go play. 
 
Disclaimer - please excuse the blurry pictures. They were taken with my iPhone, which evidently I do not know how to use properly nor hold steady.
 
The also had a Clifford the Big Red Dog exhibit. He did enjoy that one. 


 
I was in charge of the goodie bags for Jake's school party. His school doesn't talk about Santa, all of the focus around Christmas is about Jesus. Thanks Pinterest for this idea!  
 
There is seriously something wrong with me. I get the grand idea the night before the party, that the m&m story is not enough, the goodie bags needed something a little extra. I had seen these cute little applique ornaments. I had all of the supplies, so I figured how hard could it be to knock out 8 of these? Horrible idea. 1 Hour later, and only 1 ornament down, I realized it was a lot more time consuming than I thought and didn't look as cute in person as they did in the picture. I can quit a diet, a workout, a cleanup, but I cannot quit a craft. Even if I have to stay up until 3 in the morning to finish it & even if the end product looks like something a preschooler produced.
 
3 AM & delirious

 

 
Class party!

 
For their dessert, they had a plain sheet cake. The teacher told the story of the birth of Jesus, and as she got to a person in the story, the child with that figure got to stick their figure on the cake.
Tanner & Jake
 

No comments: