Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Merry Christmas

Christmas Eve night, we went with Robbie's family to the Christmas Eve service. Jake fell asleep during the service in my arms. Sometimes it gets hectic his birthday falling on Christmas Eve, but it makes it so special. As he was sleeping my arms snoring, I couldn't help but think back to the Christmas Eve service 4 years ago. We had some complications with the pregnancy, and we knew that when Jake would be born, there could be some problems. It is a horrible worry when you are pregnant and I was worried sick. So Christmas Eve night, 4 years later, to hold my relativity healthy little/big boy in my arms sleeping, I can't help but thank God for all he has blessed us with. When I was pregnant & worried, every night I read Jeremiah 1:5. Before I formed you in the womb I knew you... I knew God made Jake and knew him, before I did. And I knew he would see us through, even through the hard times. We have gone through surgeries, and there will probably be 1 more, but the fact that I get to hold Jake and think back to how God carried us through the pregnancy and especially through Christmas Eve night 2008, Christmas Eve will always be such a special time and I'm reminded so much of God's great love for us. Even through the hard times. A love so great, He gave the world His only Son.
 
My precious birthday boy, Christmas Eve night

I got so much flack from the men in our family about Jake's outfit.

Our family

Jake & cousin Jackson
Santa came to our house! He brought Jake's big gift - a bounce house!
 
Jake really didn't get the whole Santa thing. He acknowledge Santa was coming & would come down the chimney, but didn't think he brought gifts. He would never say what he wanted Santa to bring him. He would just say he didn't know and could he just go buy something himself. So Santa just brought things he thought Jake might enjoy. Christmas morning, we basically had to drag Jake out of bed. He got up & looked at the toys. He just stood there & then went and sat on the couch. This is the 2nd year in a row, Jake has acted completely unimpressed with the toys. I don't know if he just doesn't get it, if he is overwhelmed or if Santa just brings him gifts that he doesn't like. 
 Dream Lites. Jake has gone on & on & on about Dream Lites. It was the only thing he would actually say he wanted. It was probably the gift he was most excited about Christmas morning. He sat in his closet playing with it because during the day that is the only room dark enough to see the stars on the ceiling. But Jake WILL NOT sleep with it. He doesn't even want it in the room. If we put it in his bed (even turned off), Jake will get up in the middle of the night & go put it in the kitchen. We don't understand why he doesn't like it in his room at night. But he loves it during the day.
 
After a while, Jake warmed up to everything and started enjoying the toys. He loved the bounce house! It was raining, so we sat it up in our garage. 

 
The Bush's came over later that morning and we all exchanged gifts & had brunch.


 
Afterwards, they were all heading down south to visit Granddad Jake. We couldn't go because Robbie had to work the next day. So after everyone left, we put back on our pajamas and just laid around the house Christmas day. It was a rainy day, so it was just perfect lounging weather. Jake got to play with his new toys and Robbie & I were able to just relax & enjoy Jake.

 
 
 
 

No comments: