Friday, May 12, 2017

Cousins From Atlanta Come to Visit

After the fun run Saturday morning, we waited for my sister's family to come over from Atlanta. The kids were soooooo excited!! 

Hollon and Gaines were trying to figure out how to turn on the water so they could fill up the bucket.



Eeeekkkkk! Hollon's picture taking skills of sticking her finger over the lens has rubbed off on me!





After 15 minutes of them struggling to figure it out, I finally turned it on for them


Then we walked to the park for a little while

Jake loves feeling like he is the "big" cousin helper

We played some hide-and-seek


All 4 walking back to the house. They were so precious!!

We let them put on their swimsuits and Robbie turned on the lawn sprinklers for them to run through. I was inside cooking dinner, so no pictures of that!

Later that night, Hollon was playing peek-a-boo with Mae Stanley


We got them fed and cleaned up and into their pajamas

Of course there had to be some wrestling 








A little game of pie face before bedtime (Jake & Gaines were the only 2 that actually liked it enough to keep participating)




 We ended the day with my sister reading all the kids a devotion from the devotion book that Jake & I read from each night. It was so sweet all of them sitting on the bed listening to it.

After the kids went to bed, the boys sat outside and watched tv and Lindsey and I sat inside and just talked. Talked about life, talked about kids, talked about the future, talked about worries, talked about funny stories. It was an awesome night.

The next morning, Hollon was entertaining Mae Stanley while Lindsey & Brooks got everything packed up. Hollon LOVED playing with MS, but every time I'd ask her if she wanted a baby, she'd say "no".


It was such a fun visit and the highlight of our week. I loved watching our kids play together, I loved catching up with my sister, and it just made me feel so incredibly blessed that our family has such a special relationship.

"Sisters are best friends, they are advisers, they are teachers, and best of all, they are people with whom you can talk with about anything - someone you've had a special bond with, your entire life." -Catherine Pulsifer

No comments: