Friday, December 30, 2016

Christmas Eve

We left Chattanooga Saturday morning and headed back to Birmingham. Robbie and Jake went straight to their annual Star Wars movie viewing and Hollon and I went home to decorate for Jake's birthday. Because we had been in Chattanooga that morning, it put us at a late start for the day. As soon as Rob & Jake got home, they changed immediately and then we headed to our church's Christmas Eve service. My parents had been in Atlanta earlier that day with my sister, but they came back through Birmingham so they could see Jake on his birthday. They met us at the church. The kids did well during the service, but it made me a little sad that this is the first year that someone didn't fall asleep in my lap. After the service, we came home and finally got to celebrate Jake's birthday. 




Of course Hollon has changed a lot over the last 2 years, but the one that shocks me is Jake. What a jump from 6 to 8. 

Gran giving Jake his birthday spanks

Hollon loves a reason to hit someone, so of course she joined in

Our family



This is what happens when you eat candy all day


Blowing out his candles




This picture just absolutely melts my heart. This is the second time that my parents have spent Christmas Eve night with us. I love that they get to snuggle with the kids while we watch a movie Christmas Eve night and then get to see the kids open their gifts in the morning. 


Hollon making sure she stays on the naughty list until the last possible moment
kicking Jake



Be still my heart.
I've always been a Daddy's girl and Hollon is quick to try to replace me

Jake wanted one last picture with Chippy before he went back in a box to get lost until the kids start asking about him next year to the North Pole

No comments: