Monday, September 28, 2015

Week in Review - Football Captain & September Birthdays

This is 2 weeks plus a weekend review. Two weeks ago, Robbie was out of town on business during the week. It was the longest time so far that I had both kids on my own. We survived. (With some afternoon/evening baby sitting help from Mimi.) How some moms do this every week, I do not know. They have my utmost respect! (I am the worst speller in the world. I kept spelling utmost with a p [as in upmost] and couldn't figure out why spell checker kept telling me the word was misspelled.)

Jake was a captain in that week's football game. So proud of him & the team. They came from behind to win the game. Rob was still out of town and was actually on a train during the game. So I was trying to watch the game, handle Hollon and text him everything that was happening. It was such a good game, I hate he missed it.

Jake #44
Rob was still out of town that weekend, so Friday night, we had a movie night. Jake got to pick everything we watched and then we all fell asleep upstairs. And Jake pulled his own tooth out! 



Saturday was my grandmother's (Maw-Maw) birthday. This is my last grandparent living and she is such a very special woman. Maw-Maw lived just right around the corner from us growing up, so I basically saw her every week for 18 years. I have so many wonderful memories of playing with my cousins at her house. They threw her a birthday party at the nursing home she lives in and I was glad the kids & I were able to come for it.
Maw-Maw with 6 of her 9 great grandchildren


The kids helping her blow out her candles
It was getting a little rowdy at the party
Later that afternoon, the kids & I headed back to Birmingham. Hollon was screaming, so when I stopped to get gas, I fed her a squeeze packet of baby food. She had eaten everything from the packet, so I let her hold the empty container the rest of the ride back. I should have known something was up she was so quiet. We make it back to Birmingham and as I go to get her out, evidently, was there just enough left over that she had squeezed it all over her & the carseat. 


 Thankfully Dad came home on Sunday!





One of her favorite things - digging in her diaper bag

Hollon has played & played in this empty diaper box.



She is wanting me to pull her around in it
 Tuesday was Mimi's birthday and Wednesday was Dad's birthday.
Hollon licked the beaters from the cake we made Rob
 I used to always take a picture of Jake before daycare. For some reason I never do with Hollon. I guess because I take so many other random pictures of her, I never think to do it before school.


Happy Friday! I'm about to go to Nana & Gran's for the weekend!

No comments: