Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Week in Review

Quick review of last week, since we are getting ready this week for Thanksgiving!! 
And the Alabama/Auburn game. But mainly for Thanksgiving!

Monday, Robbie, Hollon & I had lunch with Jake for his Kindergarten's Thanksgiving feast. I think Jake could have cared less if Rob & I were there, he was just so proud of Hollon. He kept showing her off to all his friends. Hollon was good & slept through the first part on me in her wrap. But the noise of the lunchroom was loud and woke her up. And you know her love of loud noises & kids running around. She was not too happy. Of course as we are leaving is when I remember to take a picture to document we were there. And of course that was at the time Hollon was crying. All these people were posting cute pictures of them with their kids at their school feasts, and this was all I got to give. I was too lazy to try to take multiple pictures to get a good one. This is basically just our real life.
Or H was upset that she was getting lunchroom food milk at her next feeding

At home in peace & quiet
Every week, I have to include one awkward photo that I think Hollon looks so cute (in a "only her mom would think this photo is cute" way).

We actually didn't have a lot going on the rest of the week. So I have a lot of pictures of sleeping. 


 Thursday night (11/20) Hollon slept the longest she ever has! She went to sleep at 7:00, got up for a quick feeding at 10:00 and then slept until 4:00 am. I certainty wouldn't say she is sleeping through the night consistently, but we are getting closer.

Friday we headed down to Auburn for the last home game of the season. Friday night, our friends had a bonfire and lots of families came over.  
I was on Hollon duty, so the only pictures taken were Jake out at the bonfire by Robbie



Saturday. Last home game of the year! 



We knew there would be a lot of kids at this tailgate. Chuck's cousin parked his RV with us, so we used it as the "kids" RV. Their back room in the RV has 4 bunkbeds and a tv, so all of the kids hung out there to keep out of the cold (and out of the road).
Jake waiting on his friends to arrive
I didn't get a group picture this year, so I just tried to snap individual pictures here & there. 
Emily

Alex & Owen

Lots of kids' backs
Henry, Madeline, Emily, Owen & Mary

Mary

Mary & Emily having some girl talk

Owen practicing his football moves

Hollon just slept in her bassinet for the most part
 Our friends Dan & Sherry Jacobs joined us at the tailgate. They are the parents of Robbie's friend Danny, that we were in New Orleans a few weeks ago, celebrating the marriage of. The Bush's know them from Chattanooga and they all went to school at Auburn.
The Bush's & The Jacobs'
 Jake played hard for 2 days straight. So do you know what happens after that when Auburn plays a night game? This....
Jake fell asleep in the middle of the Auburn game. He does this at least once a year at a game. Only my child could fall asleep in the middle of a loud stadium. And Daddy was being mean by putting popcorn on his lips as he was sleeping. Hollon & I were warm & dry back at the RV during the game.

Hollon sleeping in her "bed in a box"
 Photo taken by the photographer Jake Bush

Later that night, things really got fun. We were all asleep in the RV (Jake with Robbie on the pull out sofa bed & Hollon with me in the booth bed) when in the middle of the night I hear throwing up. I pop out of bed to see Jake throwing up all over the sofa bed. I yell at Robbie to wake up. I'm trying to get Jake to the bathroom and Robbie just rolls over and falls back asleep. (And I wonder where Jake gets his heavy sleeping from.) I have to wake him up again. This time it registers with him, and I tell him to strip the sheets off sofa bed. I get Jake cleaned up and changed. Now, the problem when you get sick in an RV, is there is no washer to wash the sheets, there is only one set of sheets per bed and there are no alternative places to sleep. The mattress was soaked on Jake's side, so I had no choice but to put Jake in the booth bed with Hollon & me. The booth bed is the width of a twin bed but only 5 feet long. So Hollon (in her bed in a box) & I slept beside each other and Jake slept at our feet. He laid his legs over my legs and his legs just hung off the bed. Usually when Jake throws up, about 15 minutes later, he'll throw up more. So I laid there for an hour getting ready to rush him to the bathroom. If he threw up on the booth bed, our only option after that was to sleep in the car. Thankfully he kept things down, but morning couldn't come fast enough. Good times with kids in an RV. 

No comments: