Monday, November 3, 2014

Week in Review

We kicked off the week, with Hollon celebrating her 2 month birthday on Sunday. I cannot imagine the last 2 months getting a full nights sleep without this sweet little girl.



This is what she spends time doing when she is awake...
eating her hands

This photo shoot didn't end in tears, so I didn't get my token crying shot.
But don't worry, she took plenty of award photos.

I wondered if the ottoman might be a more flattering shot of the outfit.
It wasn't.

Baby mocs

 On Tuesday, Jake had his last regular football game of the season. And they made it to the playoffs! (Before you get your expectations up, please note, that their league has 6 teams in it and the top 4 make it to the playoffs. Thankfully there were 2 teams that were just really, really bad.) We are seed #4. We play seed #1 in a week and lets just say that I saw a few of those boys driving themselves to the game last time we played them. They are huge boys, they have a huge team and they are undefeated. So next week should be the last game for the 2014 K/1 Pelham Panthers. I know you are on the edge of your seat for the results, so I'll keep you updated.
Coach Robert (aka Daddy) & Jake after the game
 This is what happens when you have too big of a head & too small of a onesie.

Robbie was on vacation Monday-Wednesday, which was nice, because he could help transport Jake plus help out getting Hollon back in a routine after being out of routine for a week while in Chattanooga & New Orleans. Monday was pretty rough, but by Wednesday, she was back in a pretty good groove. 

I'm not one to usually post pictures of food I make, but I was pretty proud of myself for the salad below. I took a picture partially because the salad looked so pretty & partially because I was proud of myself for actually making something to eat for lunch that was healthy. I was 30lbs heavier when I got pregnant with Hollon than I was with Jake. Thankfully, I didn't gain much with Hollon, so I was able to loose that pretty quickly after giving birth to her. But now I have these 30 pounds to loose that I gained between having Jake & getting pregnant with Hollon.  
Of course all of my healthy eating was cancelled out by all of the Halloween candy I've been eating
 As part of said loosing weight mentioned above, is exercising more any. I hate to exercise. But I'm 35 with 0 metabolism. So my goal is to walk with Hollon 30-45 minutes a day. Of course, out of the last week, I only walked this one day. So I've got some improving to do. 
Hollon's first time to sit up in the stroller


 Jake loves to help give Hollon baths


 Sweet little girl all swaddled ready for bed

 Most of what Hollon wears during the day while we are at home is Jake's old onesies and sleepers. (Who doesn't love wearing pajamas that are 6 years old, stained and for the opposite sex?) I picked her up a few girl sleepers so I wouldn't give her a complex. It seemed to weird to see her in a frilly girl sleeper!

We just adore her sweet little smile!







 Hollon is such a smiley baby. If we are out and she is in a good mood, she'll just smile and smile at strangers. They almost always comment on what a happy baby she is and how she must never cry. I smile and say, yes, she is a smiley baby and never cries. 

And then I laugh, because it is a lie.

But I do like to pretend she never cries.

Well, the smiling part is not a lie. But the crying? This girl can cry. Thankfully, she now has a cry and a scream as opposed to screaming only.When she is in a screaming mood, you just have to brace yourself. It's loud and it's long and she is mad. The crying is actually kind of funny. (You know your child is a screamer, when crying is actually a positive.) She usually cries if she is awake and someone is in the room, not holding her.

 Here are the stages of her cry "you are not holding me"
First she frowns

Then she pokes her lip out

Then she makes her eyes real big and filled with tears

And then she starts her pitiful cry.
And we usually fall for it and pick her up every time because she looks so darn cute.
 We put the extra playmat upstairs in my office for her to play on while I work. She likes the playmats more than Jake ever did.

This one has a little rattle that if you position her just right, she can hit
She kept hitting it over & over again
Friday was of course Halloween, but that will be covered in a different post.

Usually, I am not a fan of unflattering or candid photos or pictures taken of me without my knowing. But I thought this picture was too funny not to post. This was Saturday afternoon, both of the kids sleeping on me, while I am asleep myself. 

Two Auburn fans and an undecided, but dressed in Auburn colors fan before Auburn's game Saturday night against Ole Miss.

 On Sunday, we went to church together for the first time as a family of four. Hollon did so well during the service (we were pleasantly surprised). She was asleep for the first part, but then woke up twice. Both times she just opened her eyes and looked around for a while. She never made a peep, and then just went back to sleep. Priase the Lord! Literally. 

Wearing my sweater from when I was a baby



Sunday after church, I went over to the Bush's to monogram some things and brought the kids. Jake, Mimi & Granddad made smores via the fireplace.



No comments: