Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Week in Review

On Tuesday, Jake's football team played in the first round of the playoffs. A huge thank you to both sets of grandparents for coming & braving the cold to cheer on Jake.
Sister all bundled up ready for the game
This was my best picture of the night. It was too dark to use the auto setting, but when I put it on the night time setting, because the kids were moving, everything was blurry. Again, it would probably help if I knew how to use the settings on my camera. I've only had it for 4 years to learn.

You will be sad to know that the Pelham Panthers 5/6 year old team lost. Our team played well and actually scored several touchdowns. Unfortunately the other team score 3x as many touchdowns. We were proud of our kids though and happy the season was over so we wouldn't have to sit in the cold anymore

On Wednesday, I decided to try to get a picture of the kids to use on our Christmas card. I am combining our Christmas card & Hollon's birth announcement, so I'm mostly using the pictures that the professional photographer took, but I wanted one current one of Jake & Hollon with Jake looking at the camera. Oh my word taking a good picture of these two is next to impossible. 
This was the best one out of this group
Hollon's eyes look like they are about to pop out of her head

Most looked like this

This is what Hollon thought of it all

These were sweet, but not what I was going for


We quickly reverted back to awkward

And of course ended crying
Other than taking 1,000 bad pictures for a Christmas card, we've played a lot on the floor mat. (Hollon, not me)
Starts out as interesting

But gets boring after 5 minutes
This is what Hollon thinks of the cold weather

The other day she fell asleep holding her pacifier in her mouth.


I love busy weekends. I like going places and I like when people come visit us. But every once in a while, it is nice to have a weekend with no plans. That was this past weekend for us. We didn't leave the house once on Saturday. We slept in and then watched football all day.

We thought it was so funny because Hollon seemed so interested in the football games. We even turned her swing facing the TVs.


This was her face watching the TV
We are idiots, because do you know what that face is? It's the face of over-stimulation. And we paid for it Saturday night. Usually after her 7:30 feeding, Hollon falls asleep. We wake her up at 11:00 for her last feeding of the day, which is a quick one and then she falls asleep in her crib. Not Saturday night. She was wide awake until midnight. It took her forever to get settled. 

We have quickly turned the swing back around away from facing the TV.

We even used our fireplace for the 2nd time in 3 years.


Hollon fell asleep in Robbie's lap holding her pacifier


I also convinced Robbie to help me try to take some better pictures of the kids for the Christmas card.  I figured he could take the pictures while I tried to make Hollon smile/kept Jake from dropping her. Again, out of 1,000 pictures, there were maybe 5 that my children looked like normal human beings. Most looked like this...
Or this...



Seriously? 

No comments: