Monday, October 13, 2014

Week in Review

Since Jake loves superheros so much, a friend of ours gave Hollon a girl superman onesie. Jake picked it out for her to wear one day and wanted me to take their picture when he put on his superman pajamas. First Hollon was asleep and then Jake went to bed before Hollon got up from her nap. So when she woke up, I put her in his bed to take their picture. She thought it was lots of fun to take pictures while brother was sleeping.

On Tuesday, she turned 6 weeks old

Sweet little smile. 
 It only took 1500 takes to get 1 decent picture. Evidence below.
Starting to smile, but eyes closed

Wasn't quite ready

This is not going well

Just getting worse



Photo shoot done
 She was dressed in her winter clothes because brother had a football game that night. I hate this crazy weather that is hot when hour & then freezing the next. So I had 4 different outfits for her for the game & she ended up wearing 2 of them. She was wearing a summer outfit to start with, because she was in the moby wrap & she gets so hot in it. But she started crying halfway through the game so I had to take her out and walk around and hold her. So she had wardrobe change #2 into warmer clothes.

Speaking of the game, the team won their 2nd game! We are now 2-2. We have 3 games left & need to win 2 of them to make it to the playoffs. Rob & I both agree we think it would be neat to make it to the playoffs, but we want to loose in the first round. Football has been fun, but we are about ready to call it a season. 

I snapped this picture because it is one of my favorite poses she does. As soon as she gets her arm out of the swaddle, she stretches her neck back and puts her arm under her chin. And she makes her stretching noise while doing it.

On Thursday, Jake's class had their first Kindergarten field trip. They went to Baker's Farm and I volunteered to be a chaperon.  
Jake in front of the cotton field
Listening to the farmer tell them about picking cotton

Petting the animals

Mrs. Rmeily's Kindergarten Class
Jake & me on the hayride

Jake finding the perfect pumpkin to pick

Found it!
 A big thank you to Chuck (my father-in-law) for coming back from Chattanooga early to keep Hollon so I could go on the field trip with Jake.

You can't really see it in this photo, but Hollon as taking a little catnap in the pack-n-play and she was giggling in her sleep.

I had some friends that were going to be in Birmingham on Saturday, so my best friend Stephanie came up a day early and spent Friday night with me so she could meet Hollon. She was worried that it would be too burdensome her spending the night since we have a newborn. I almost started crying when she tried to back out. I promised her that her company was needed. I've missed having a girlfriend to just hang out with and talk to in person. Sometimes it is hard being a stay at home mom & a work from home mom. You get the advantages of both, like I get to spend all day with my child and bring home a paycheck. But you also get the cons of both. I'm at home all day with an infant, and any spare second I have has to be spent on work. So I don't have time to do play dates or fun activities with friends. Jake's football schedule keeps him & Robbie gone 3 nights during the week, so it has just been a little lonely. So I've been very excited about her visit and refused to let her back out.    
Stephanie meeting Hollon
 Saturday morning, our friend Hayley stopped by to meet Hollon as well. 
 I went shopping with them Saturday morning and had lunch with them before heading back home. It was so so so so nice to just get out of the house for a little while and hang out with friends. 

I had to get back home Saturday to not only feed Hollon, but we were having some of the families that coach/play football with Rob & Jake over to the house. By the end of the evening, there were 11 kids (10 of them boys) running around playing. It was a madhouse. A very loud madhouse. Jake was in heaven. Poor Hollon wasn't. I give her credit, she did better than I thought she would. She is sensitive to loud noises and doesn't like a lot of commotion. Our house was full of both for several hours. She didn't cry too much, but her body was tense all evening. And for that fact, mine was too. Having 10 rambunctious boys running around our house dragging out things made my OCD heart skip several beats throughout the evening. But Hollon & I both survived and everyone seemed to have a great time.

Saturday night, it looked like a tornado had hit Jake's room, the bonus room, the kitchen & our floors. I snapped a picture of Jake's room Sunday. This is what his room looked like, and he had already picked up half of it. So imagine twice the amount of toys on the floor.

Sunday afternoon, my friend Julie stopped by to bring us dinner and meet Hollon. Hollon was so good for most of Julie's visit. Julie & I were so busy talking, I didn't even think to snap a picture. At the end of the visit, Hollon was getting fussy, so of course that is when I remembered. I felt bad getting a picture of Julie walking out the door holding my crying baby. So as my niece says, I'll just have to remember it in my heart.

It was such a good weekend filled with great times with great friends.

No comments: