Friday, October 10, 2014

Week in Review

Recap of last week, when this week is almost over.

Sunday night (9/28), Hollon slept in her bed at night for the first time. She has slept in it for naps, but never at night. I fed her around 11:00, swaddled her and put her down. She did great. She got up for her middle of the night feeding, and then went back to sleep. She has slept in it every night since and done great. And I've managed to go in there to check on her only 10 times a night. 

Sweet girl sleeping while mom works
 Trying to take a good picture of her smiling is like trying to find a unicorn.


Sorry for the poor quality, I'm horrible at taking pictures with my iPhone
 On Tuesday night, we had a great & tragic moment.

The great moment was she infant giggled. (I don't know if it is a real giggle or some infant reflex, but I love it.) It was during her middle of the night feeding. I had fed her, changed her diaper and re-swaddled her. I was rocking her a few minutes before putting her back down in her crib. She was looking up at me, dozing in & out of sleep when she smiled & let out the sweetest softest little giggle. It was so pure & innocent. I remember when Jake would do it as a baby, and it was one of my very favorite things. It is the sweetest sound and melts my heart every time.

And the moment was ruin by something tragic. I stepped on & was stung by a scorpion.

While I was walking from our room to Hollon's room for that middle of the night feeding, in our foyer, I stepped on something that stuck in my foot. I knew it wasn't big enough to be a toy Jake left on the floor, so I figured it was a tac or needle. I brushed off the bottom of my foot & kept walking to Hollon's room. I have my sweet giggle moment, and then as I was walking back to my room, I turn on the foyer light to see what I stepped on. I figured it was a tac or something and I wanted to get it up before someone else stepped on it. I keep looking for something shinny on the floor & don't see anything. And then I see it. I flat scorpion lying on our floor. WHAT THE WHAT?!?! I nudge it with a piece of paper to see if it is still alive. It doesn't move, so I figure it is dead. I didn't want to throw it away because I wanted Robbie to see it in the morning. So I put a paper plate over it. I figured that way if I died, hopefully he would put 2 & 2 together.
Dead wife + paper plate over dead scorpion = cause of wife's death.
Of course the next morning, when I get up, Rob has already thrown away the plate & scorpion. He acts like it is no big deal & asked me why I didn't just throw it away last night? Um, because I stepped on a scorpion and it stung me. And I wanted him to see it and be as disgusted as I was. (He wasn't.) I questioned him at length on why was there a scorpion in our house. I've contemplated selling the house or having it fumigated. (He turned down both.) The horrible thing is the scorpion was the same color as our hardwoods. It blended in perfectly. (I know because I examined it at length that night contemplating if I would die from its sting.) So I now refuse to walk around barefoot in our house. Ugh.

On Wednesday, Hollon had her 1 month checkup at the doctor. (Post & same pictures below)



Thursday, Jake had a football game, and they won their first game! YEA! Way to go Pelham Panthers! 
I completely stole this off another mom's facebook page.
I'm not sure why they are holding up #2??
On Friday, Rob rode down to Auburn with his parents while I went to Prattville to my parents. I was giong over to the Auburn game on Saturday, but wasn't ready to leave Hollon for 2 nights. (I really wasn't ready to leave her for 1 night, but if I took her to Auburn, we'd have to waste a ticket on getting her into the game. Which is ridiculous a 5 week old has to have a ticket to get in to a football game!) LSU is the only big game I'm going in for all year, so my options were limited. Thankfully I knew we were leaving H in great hands.

So Saturday night (10/5) at 5.5 weeks, was Hollon's first night away from me. 

Friday night, we took Hollon to the nursing home my grandmother's in, so she could meet Hollon.
Hollon meeting Maw-Maw

She even dozed off to sleep for a few minutes

Me, Hollon, Maw-Maw (my dad's mom), Jake & Gran (my dad)
Please excuse my horrid look. I didn't realize we were going anywhere Friday night.
In typical Hollon fashion, she was a doll the first 10 minutes. And then she started screaming, so we quickly made our exit. She screamed until we were halfway home.

Saturday, I said good-bye to the kids & headed over to Auburn. I can't believe I didn't take one single picture of Robbie & I. (Go figure, I take the picture above with unwashed hair & hardly any make up on, but don't take a picture looking like a normal human being.)
I did take a picture of the grill the guys used to cook the food though!

No comments: