Thursday, October 23, 2014

Hollon Elizabeth - 1 Month

My precious Hollon Elizabeth,

Technically you turned 1 month old, almost a month ago. I've had this post/letter written in my head for a month, I just haven't sat down to actually type it out. But better late than never, right?

On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 was one of the greatest days of my life. I checked into the hospital, nervous and excited to meet my baby girl. The moment I heard you cry, cannot be put into words. I truly thought my heart was going to burst with love.

I fell in love the moment I saw you.

You surprised everyone by having black hair and being tiny (well, tiny for a Bush or Hollon baby).  Daddy was in the operating room with me and Nana, Mimi & Granddad were waiting to meet you by the nursery. Gran brought big brother Jake up to the hospital that afternoon. The next day, Aunt Lindsey and cousin Gaines come by to meet you. We all love our precious Hollon Elizabeth.

We came home on Thursday and had so much fun introducing you to family over the next few days. You met your Granddad Jake, GG Kathy, Aunt Leigh Ann, Uncle Billy and cousins Maddox & Marrell. Sweet Marrell calls you her little sister.

I've spent so much time playing with your sweet little fingers, rubbing your soft black hair and tickling your little baby toes. 

Once your umbilical cord fell off, we were able to give you your first real bath. You liked it!

We introduced you to Auburn and the RV and took you to your first Auburn football game.

Daddy & brother insist that you'll be an Auburn fan. I'm still holding out hope otherwise.

You like your pacifier except when you are hungry. You are smart and are not fooled. You want food, not a paci. Your 2 favorite pacifiers are the infant Nuk & Lamb Soothie.

You don't play with much, but you do seem to enjoy your lovee, playmat & mamaroo.

Each week you become more & more alert. You are great at holding your head up. You have a strong little grip and can kick your legs pretty hard.

You have the most precious grin, even if you are only grinning because you passed gas.

We all love to hold you and you love to be held. This first month has exceeded my expectations with you. I may be a little sleep deprived and have a slight loss of hearing in one of my ears, but that is all forgotten when I rock you to sleep in my arms.

You don't like to be startled or loud noises. Which is hard to accommodate sometimes in the middle of football season. Or with a 5 year old brother.

My 2 favorite faces you make are your "O" face and your Stevie Wonder face (you stretch your neck up, back and to the side).

You make the cutest noises when we hold you.

You have a big brother that absolutely adores you. He loves to sing to you (favorite song: Swing Low Sweet Chariot) and read to you (favorite book: Goodnight Moon). He helps me with you and loves to tell other people (and me) how to take care of you. And when you are lucky, he eats cookies around you and I'm pretty sure I saw crumbs fall in your mouth.

You are a good little sleeper. You take naps anywhere (laps, bouncer, swing, boppy) but sleep at night in the pack-n-play in mommy & daddy's room.

You are also a good little crier. Actually screamer. I'm still trying to figure out your cries and what is bothering you. You make sure to let me know when I am wrong. When you get really mad, you scratch up your face.

Hollon, you are the child that I prayed for, cried for and begged God for. I feel so blessed to have you and I just hope that I'm the mom that you deserve. I will make mistakes, I'll make you mad, I'll have to make hard decisions. But please always remember that no matter what, I love you so very much. I will worry about you, I'll hurt when you're hurting, and I'll want to protect you from every bad thing in the world. But I have to put you in God's hands. Because even though I love you more than it is humanly possible, he loves you even more. You were his child, before you were mine, and I hope I make him proud in the way I am raising one of his children. 


Hollon, you made our family complete. You are our precious gift that we celebrate and thank God for. We love you so much. This first month has been amazing, and I can't wait to see what the others have in store.

With all my love,
Mama

No comments: