Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Week In Review

On Monday, we went to brother's football game. 
Ready to cheer on the Pelham Panthers!
Getting to the field was quite an adventure. Jake had to be at the field about 45 minutes before the game, so my plan was to meet Rob there & drop Jake off. Then I could feed Hollon in the car, and with her nice full belly, she should sleep through the entire game. To make this work, I had to stretch the time between that feeding. She was fine when we left the house, and since the car was moving, she just slept, even though she was overdue for her feeding. There is a train track right beside the field we were playing on. Go figure a train was STOPPED on the track. Like not moving at all. And hadn't moved for over 10 minutes. It was so frustrating. You could see the field, but there was a train separating you from it. Us being stopped, of course Hollon woke up. The car was stopped, she was hungry so she was mad. And when I say mad, I mean she screamed her head off and completely clawed her face. This was an away game, so I didn't know the area. I had no idea another way to get to the field. So I just started driving while waiting on my iPhone GPS to pick up. After driving in circles around this town for 10 minutes (even though it seemed like 10 hours), my GPS finally picked up and led me on a crazy way through about 5 neighborhoods, but got us to the field. Hallelujah! Jake was about in tears because his ears were hurting. I couldn't blame him. Mine were hurting too. All you can do is laugh.

Monday was also Mimi's birthday. Happy Birthday Mimi!!

Hollon was going to start sleeping in her crib at night starting on Sunday, so I wanted to make sure she was comfortable with it. So she has been taking at least 1 nap per day in the crib.

I was trying to get some pictures of Hollon in her going home outfit, since I didn't really get any that day. 
Her gown & bonnet was made my Mimi





And she is over it
My babies in their going home outfits, each at 1 month old
They look nothing alike!
On Tuesday, we celebrated Robbie's birthday

Sign written by Jake with his & Hollon's handprints (well, Hollon's handmitten)
Sweet girl in her new swing


With Hollon's tummy issues, she likes to lie in your lap on her stomach. 

It's annoying when she gets a hand or leg out of the swaddle, but it is also so cute to see that little hand peeking out.

Having some tummy time to relieve the stomach issues. I know I'm breaking about 100 parenting rules right here. My child is on her stomach, she is lying on my bed, with lots of sheets & blankets. I was right there and she wasn't crying. So we let her be.

On Thursday, I got to see the photos from Hollon's photo shoot. I was pleased with the 5 I got to choose, and the photographer was so sweet. I will post those shortly!

No comments: