Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend in Hattiesburg, MS

We spent this past weekend in Hattiesburg visiting one of my best friends from college - Amanda & her family. I was thinking about what I was going to write about mine & Amanda's friendship, and went to look back to see what I wrote last time I visited her. I died laughing because it was the same exact thing I was going to write this time! So to sum up mine & Amanda's friendship, read here. Everything I wrote about her 2 years ago, is the same. She is one of my very favorite people in this world and I love looking back at our friendship over the last 15 & a half years. And of course we once again stayed up til 2 in the morning laughing about old memories and spent the weekend making new ones.

Amanda has 3 boys - Sellers (7), Gabe (almost 5) & Beck (2.5) 

We left Birmingham around 3 Friday afternoon & headed down to Hattiesburg.
Jake enjoying a cookie on the car ride down.
We got there around supper time & got to eat with them. After dinner, we gave the boys a bath (Sellers wasn't there Friday night because he was at a birthday spend the night party).
Jake, Beck & Gabe
The boys on the blow up mattress in Gabe's room
 After we got the boys down, we stayed up talking. We lost the guys around midnight, but Amanda & I stayed strong until after 2 AM. We just sat there at her kitchen table laughing, talking, reminiscing. I'm surprised we didn't wake the whole house.

Saturday morning!
Enjoying some breakfast
We went & got to see Sellers play in a basketball game. It seems crazy that 7 years ago, I was holding him in the hospital the day he was born. Sellers was the first baby any of my friends had, so he will always be extra special.

We got back to their house & just let the boys run loose. Jake was in hogs heaven. Not only did he have guys to play with, but they had about every toy imaginable.
Jake & Gabe in the bounce house

Just going for a ride


Until the battery died

Sweet Beck

Having fun on the swing set
 Mike & Amanda have a little zip line in their backyard. I knew that would get interesting if Jake attempted it. The back of their house sits on a golf course, so I felt like the golfers riding by got a good laugh.
Gabe zip lining

Let's just say arm strength is not one of Jake's strengths

There goes Beck

3 precious boys
Gabe & Sellers playing some basketball
Mike & Robbie went out for a bike ride while Amanda & I napped watched the kids. (We might be able to still stay up late like we used to do, but we pay for it a lot more the next day!)

That night, we went out to dinner & to a show to see a juggler.

We were all packed in their land cruiser. Jake, Gabe & Beck were in the 3rd row, Amanda, Sellers & myself were in the middle row & Mike & Robbie were up front.

At dinner
The show was an entertainer/juggler/comedian. (You can find out more about it here.) I wasn't sure how the boys would do, especially since the show didn't start until 7:30. But they did great! All of them sat still through the entire show. (Now the car ride home might have been a different story, but they were perfect during the show!)
The boys
(Parts of the show were in 3D)

 We all crashed Saturday night and then Sunday it was time for us to pack up & head back to Birmingham. It was such a wonderful weekend and I cannot thank Mike & Amanda enough for their wonderful hospitality.

And because I LOVE a flashback (in case you couldn't tell!!), here are Amanda & I through the years. 
Freshman Phi Mu pledges in 1997


Post college where we lived together in Birmingham 2002-2005


Amanda's wedding day


The day Sellers was born
 
My wedding day
(Amanda had just had Gabe 1 month before)

Mardi Gras 2008

No comments: