Tuesday, February 5, 2013

4 Year Checkup

Jake had his 4 year checkup on last Monday (January 28). He weighed 49 pounds & was 43 1/3 inches tall. They've been checking his BMI and they confirmed at this appointment that due to his height & bone structure, he was just a big kid. Not obese. Yeah to being big boned & not obese! Ha! He did great on all of this tests & is progressing perfectly. He did have to get a few shots at the end. He cried when he realized what they were going to do, but by the time they were done, he had stopped.
 
They had him wear a paper robe. He didn't want to put it on because he said it was a dress & only girls wear dresses.  
He said he was pretending to be sick

He loves the swivel chairs in doctor's offices
#338
 
Some 4 year-old updates...
 
We are done with sippy cups. He now drinks solely out of regular cups. (I have no idea if I'm early or late doing this, but I was just SO TIRED of washing all of the pieces of those sippy cups.)
 
We also no longer take a nap. (I've been quite sad about that one.) I would have loved for Jake to keep taking one until he went to kindergarten! He was already just taking a nap only about half the days. The other days, he would just lay down & rest, but not actually go to sleep. He spent a week with my parents & since my niece no longer naps, there was no way Jake was going to sleep if Marrell wasn't. So he went a whole week with no naps. I knew I was already loosing that battle before, this was just the final nail in the coffin. Now we just have to get his bed time back on a schedule. He either falls asleep at 5, then wakes up at 10 or is just wired and doesn't fall asleep until late. Then he wants to sleep late in the morning. So we've got some work to do. 

No comments: