Friday, February 22, 2013

This Week

#320
Jake got Bucky the ship & the Jake & the Neverland Pirates figures all for his birthday. He has had the best time playing with it. He was on the floor for an hour playing with it, making he figures talk. I love it when play can hold his attention for that long (and not just TV & computers!).
February 15
#317
I was trying to upload a video of Jake saying the months of the year (something we had no idea that he knew). Lately I've had the hardest time getting videos to upload into blogger. It uploads but never finishes. I finally just have to cancel out. :(
 

#318
Jake was having his first soccer practice on Monday, so Sunday after church we took him to get his soccer supplies. Once we got home, he wanted to put on his "new shoes" and kick the soccer ball.


February 17
#317
FIRST SOCCER PRACTICE!!
This is Jake's first attempt at an organized sport (or as organized as 4 year olds can be). He was so excited all day. He kept saying "I love my team!". (Even though we have never met anyone on his team yet.) Every hour he asked me was it time to go play soccer. It was finally time to get ready. I told him we would just put on his cleats on our way out. I turn my back & next thing I knew, he had gone out into the garage, gotten the cleats and put them on his feet. He was jut a little bit excited.
February 18
At soccer practice. There is 1 coach & about 8 kids. Other than the coach's kid, the rest of them looked like a colony of ants that had their ant bed stepped on. They were just running round crazy & confused. I'm afraid its going to be a long year for that coach. Technically the parents are supposed to be on the sidelines, but the kids were so confused & kept running off, that most parents ended up on the field with their kid. Robbie had met us there after work. I kept laughing because he was out there in a suit pants & a tie.
 
 So how did it go? Well, the first 30 minutes were good. Jake was excited, his coach is super nice. He really enjoyed the practicing, "drills" &  running. He did a good job of listening to the coach & he never tried to run off the field. I was pretty impressed. Of course, not for long though. The last 30 minutes, it got very windy & cold. I didn't have a jacket or long sleeve shirt for Jake. (Oops. Lesson learned. Just because it is warm when you leave your house that afternoon, doesn't mean it still will be at 5:30.) Jake really likes individual soccer play, but does not like the whole team having to share 1 ball. He would get upset if he had the ball &someone else kicked it. He doesn't quite understand that part of soccer. Towards the end, he kept running over to tell us he was ready to go home. But he said he had fun & wants to go back. He just doesn't say he loves his team anymore. Ha! Their first game is in March, so it should be very interesting!
 
No pictures Tuesday or Wednesday. From Jake's practice on Monday, I left to go to Chattanooga for an audit at work.

 #314
I got back from Chattanooga Thursday night. We FINALLY got to use our fireplace! I LOVE fireplaces. Our house in Chattanooga didn't have one, and poor Robbie had to listen to me complain about it all the time. Our new house has one, but last year was such a warm winter, we never got a chance to use it. Robbie is really hot natured, so he is not as huge of a fan. But we finally turned it on for the first time Thursday night. Because it had never been used, once we turned it on, it was a wee bit dusty & you could smell it. I was paranoid it was gas & we'd all die from carbon monoxide poisoning. So we had it on for 20 minutes & then turned it off. But it was beautiful those 20 minutes!

No comments: