Monday, March 4, 2013

Batman, Cars, Hotdogs & Ending with Illness

What all we've been up to last week & weekend....
 
#310
Nothing to see here. Just walking around in their underwear wearing mommy's tennis shoes on the wrong foot.
 
February 25
 #309
Jake loves to put on his Batman costume and admire himself in the mirror. He'll put it on & then have to stand in front of a mirror, pose & grin.
February 26
 #308
Jake loves to play with a race track my sister gave him for Christmas. But he insists if he is playing with that particular track, he has to use Robbie's old matchbox cars. 


 
 #307
Power Ranger sword fighting with Mimi. Poor Mimi & Granddad have probably sword fought more times in the last 3 weeks, then they have in their whole life.
February 28
 #306
Friday night, we had a family hot dog night for supper

Someone thoroughly enjoyed the ketchup and mustard
March 1
 #305
Laying on the floor watching TV with Dad
March 2
Sunday we get up and I actually cook pancakes for breakfast before we start getting ready for church. Jake had told me his stomach was hurting and in stellar mom moves I just ignored him. (In my defense, he tells us at least twice a day his tummy hurts, and then the next second he is fine running around playing.) Robbie & I were getting on to him for not eating his pancakes when he starts choking & putting his hands to his mouth. Before we could get him to the bathroom, he throws up everywhere. Poor little guy had no idea what was going on. We get him bathed and cleaned up and the mess cleaned up. We told him that we were just going to relax that day & watch some movies. Right now Jake LOVES the movie The Rescuers. (The 1977 version) I love it, because I remember it from when I was a little girl. I haven't heard it in over 25+ years, so listening to the words & songs brings back so many memories. Except when I was a little girl, I didn't watch the movie.....
 
...I listened to the record of it & followed along in the book.

Thankfully it appeared to only be a 1-day illness. He has been fine today and we are getting ready to go to his last soccer practice before their first game on Saturday!

No comments: