Friday, February 15, 2013

This Week

#326
On Saturday, we got up and went to Oak Mountain. Robbie went mountain biking & I went for a run. Now before you roll your eyes (because believe me, I roll my eyes at anyone who gets up at 7 in the morning to exercise) I had to be practically drug out of bed. I love to talk on Friday nights about doing all sorts of things early Saturday morning, but once Saturday rolls around, there is no way I'm getting out of bed that early. But I had promised Robbie that I would go, so I went (and only complained a little). I have to admit, it was a nice setting to run (usually I just run through our neighborhood). And actually, I don't run, it is more of a slow jog! There's water, there is a little beach, it was nice. I'm not going to lie, some of the buildings looked like they were out of a scary 1970's movie (got to love a state park!). But it was a nice way to kick off Saturday.


February 9
#325
We worked on projects all weekend. This is my newest project. Redoing this old trunk. This one is going to take a while.
(I had sprayed wallpaper remover inside, that's why it looks all wet)
February 10
#324
The Bush's are permanently moved in now for the next few months. They brought their cat Tiger with them. Jake is very excited about Tiger being here, he just didn't initially want to be near him. Tiger was still in his crate and Jake was begging us to put Tiger in his room. We did, but this was the closest Jake would get to him. Ha! (Tiger is in the navy box. Excuse the mess of a room!)

Jake likes having more people to "fight" with now



February 11
 #323



February 12
 #322
My parents sent Jake a Valentine's package in the mail. Jake was so excited to get it. My mom had put the goodies in a old hand mixer box. Jake ripped off the packaging paper & saw the hand mixer box. He started crying! He kept whining "but I don't want this". Ha! We finally actually opened the box & he saw that it wasn't a hand mixer. He was excited about his gifts. Especially his new flashlight (he is obsessed with flashlights). This one is a Cars flashlight. Before bed he was watching a movie in our bedroom. This is how we found him. Asleep with his flashlight on. 
February 13

No comments: