Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy 5 Months Jake!

Jake turned 5 months old on Sunday. A few things about him:
  • He has lost most of his hair from when he was born. He has a few long twigs left, so he looks kind of like Woodstock from Snoopy. The hair growing back is a white blond, so we will see what happens.

  • He has cut his first tooth! My friend Jessica pointed it out over the weekend. It is just starting to pop out. I didn't think that it had broken the gum until I was feeding him & he bit down. Ouch!

  • He is rolling over. He started with rolling from his back to his stomach in the middle of the night. By the weekend, he was pro (except he won't do it when everyone is watching or when I have the video camera!) On Sunday he started also rolling from his stomach to his back as well.

  • Yes, he is a plump little baby. His doctor assures me that he is healthy and there is nothing to be concerned about. Robbie says that I will give Jake a complex if I keep obsessing about it. I can't help it! It is the one thing everyone comments on! Most of the comments are cute and funny. But I have had a few people say things such as "Oh my gosh, he is HUGE!" or "Are you breastfeeding? WHAT are you eating?" All well. It makes him an extra good snugly baby.

  • He loves baths and he loves for you to talk to him. Actually, you don't even have to be talking to him. Even if 2 adults are carrying on a conversion, he will start laughing like he is a part of the conversation.

  • He does not like to be left alone on the floor. He doesn't mind being alone in a chair or bouncer, or being on the floor as long as you stay with him. But he does NOT like being on the floor all by himself.

  • He loves rice cereal. He sticks his tongue out when he is ready for the next spoonful. We are going to start introducing baby food to him over the weekend. His doctor said to feed him vegetables for 3 weeks before introducing fruits. Any suggestions for a good one to start with? We are going to attempt to make his baby food. Robbie's Uncle Mike & Aunt Sylvia gave us the Williams & Sonoma Baby Food Maker. It is a 4-in-1 Steam Cooker-Blender. It steams, blends, heats & defrosts baby food. We'll see how it goes!
  • He is still a good sleeper. He is not consistent during the day, but he is at night. I usually feed him in the evening & then we play for a little while . After that he takes a bath and then I rock him or read to him for a little while. I try to put him in his crib still awake, but sometimes I just can't help myself & rock him to sleep. As I said above, he loves to snuggle in your arms. It makes it so hard to put him down! He goes to bed pretty easy and sleeps until around 7:00 in the morning when I go to feed him & get him ready for school. I know we are very lucky. I honestly don't think that it is anything that we did. I just think that he really likes to sleep!

  • Every day he amazes me more & more, and I feel luckier & luckier to be his mom. He is a sweet happy baby boy and the greatest gift I have ever been given.

His favorite sleeping position

Happy Boy! Rolling over. Just did catch it!

No comments: