Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Jake & Grant: Best Friends

What a week & weekend last week! I was in South Dakota & Minnesota for business Monday through Thursday. Robbie & Jake picked me up from the Atlanta airport Thursday. We spent the night in Auburn & then headed down to Fairhope for the weekend. Lots of fun things going on! Jake was getting to meet his best friends Grant, Gabe & Sellers, I was getting to meet Grant for the first time, plus it was Stephanie's 30th birthday. Her husband Jonathan had planned a surprise birthday party for her on Saturday, and it was my job to get her out of the house. We had so much fun and so many people came from so far away to celebrate Stephanie! (Today is Stephanie's actual birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!) I loved getting to hang out with Grant. He was even more precious in person. He is such a happy baby & has the best smile. Just as Stephanie & I had expected, Jake & Grant became best friends instantly. We had lots of good food, a lot of fun catching up with friends, playing with babies and just an all around wonderful weekend. (I'll warn you though, there are tons of pictures! We got a little carried away. Plus it is really hard to photograph 4 month olds!)

At lunch
Jake with his other best friend Gabe
Mike & Amanda with sons Gabe (14 mths) & Sellers (almost 4), Stephanie with Grant (4 1/2 mths) and Robbie & I with Jake (5 mths) [We missed you Jonathan!]
Being best friends wears you out...
Jake putting his arm around Grant. Jake shared lots of advice, since he is 2 weeks older.

With the blanket my mom monogrammed. It says "Best Friends Grant & Jake"

Trying to get a good picture of both boys (or at least one that they both look at the camera!)
Grant falling over
Both boys falling over. I love the look on their faces. Stephanie & I were laughing so hard we could hardly take pictures.
Tried moving them to the chair. Now Jake is falling over.
Jake eating Grant's arm
As close as it is going to get!
For some reason, very time I said "best friends", Jake would die laughing. Poor Grant looked traumatized. Jake kept waving his arms knocking Grant in the head. Grant was a good sport about it!

It was my job to get Steph out of the house while Jonathan prepared for her party. Here are the boys shopping.
STEPHANIE'S SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY!!Dori came from Arkansas, Jessica came from Troy & Hayley came from Birmingham

Jessica & Dori with Jake & Grant
Stephanie's mom with Jake
My 2 best friends!


Look at the size difference in Jake & Grant's legs!!
The boys watching Baby Einstein


It was such a wonderful weekend spent with my best friend. Stephanie & I have been best friends since meeting our freshman year at college when we were both in the same pledge class. No matter how far we live from each other, our friendship will always be as close. In fact, our friendship seems to only grow stronger and stronger. She is the greatest friend I could ask for and I pray that Jake's life is blessed with the amazing type of friends that I have been lucky enough to have in my life.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I laughed SO hard at that video! I cannot wait to see happy Jake again!