Monday, May 11, 2009

Over the Weekend

Busy but WONDERFUL first Mother's Day! We started off Friday evening by stopping in Birmingham to have dinner with the Bush's. Then it was on to Prattville for the weekend. On Saturday, we had a cookout for my mom's birthday. Then we all headed to my niece Maddox's dance recital. She did great! She was definitely the most spirited out of all of the girls. She is such an actress. I could just sit, watch & listen to her all day. She is probably one of the funniest people that I know! My parents were watching Jake that night so that Robbie & I could go to Auburn. We were helping host a wedding shower for our good friends Chad & Melanie. I was worried how Jake would do. He has spent the night away from Rob & I before, but it was at our house in his crib. This would be his first time away from us in a different bed/room. My parents said he did great though (like they would tell me otherwise!). He ate his cereal, took a bath & got ready for bed. My sister, his Aunt Lindsey came by & he adored getting to hang out with her. He went to bed around 9:00 and slept until 7:00. We were really proud of him! Robbie & I had a great time in Auburn. We always have so much fun with our friends there. And we are so excited for Chad & Melanie's wedding in June! On Sunday we got up early so we could meet my family at church in Prattville to celebrate Mother's Day. We ate lunch and hung out a little while before getting back on the road for Chattanooga. Mother's Day was such a special and wonderful day. I'm so thankful for all of the amazing mom's around me. So many of them have been a 2nd mom to me & role models of the type of mom I want to be. And I could just never say enough about mine & Robbie's moms. We could never thank them enough for all of their unconditional love, wisdom & support. We are so lucky to have them as moms & Jake is very lucky to have them as his Nana & Mimi!
Before school one morning. Waving to everyone!

Jake with Mimi

Jake with Granddad
Riding the bouncing horse at my parent's

Jake's sweet beautiful cousin Marrell
Jake & Marrell playing
Jake trying to be a big boy & sit up (the big belly doesn't help him roll over, but does help him sit up!)
Maddox showing Jake her bugs she caught
My mom bought Jake some sunglasses for the summer
Sweet cousins holding hands
Maddox before her dance recital
Enjoying the dance recital!
At Chad & Melanie's party. Me, Melanie, Katherine & Summer
Robbie & Tricia
Robbie & Chad
Chad & Melanie with Robbie's parents Chuck & Judy
My first Mother's Day
Mom, Jake & Me
Maddox was cracking Jake up
Nana with her 2 babies

No comments: