Saturday, January 27, 2018

What up January???

This is what all we've been up to so far this January.....

The kids didn't go back to school until the 3rd, so they spent time playing with friends and new toys

Our rec league opened their new recreation center and we went to the ribbon cutting. It is so nice! They have basketball courts, a walking track that overlooks, workout room, meeting space and workout classrooms. 



Every day for school, Hollon insists on taking at least 10 small toys with her to leave in the car

 Ready for school!

2 Barbie princesses, comb, and purse with several shopkins....

Photo prop for this day? Belle doll.


Hollon's love language is tiny figurines

This is a picture another mom took of the boys after a game. So far, we've only lost one game! 

Hollon has been complaining that she doesn't have a warm hat, so I picked her up a cheap one on clearance at Old Navy. She insisted on wearing it right away.

The great grandkids call Granddad Jake's wife GG Kathy. The other day, Hollon asked about "Granddad Jake and GG Cavity". (They've been learning about taking care of your teeth at school). I DIED laughing. I had to get it on video because it is one of my favorites.

These 2 can fight a ridiculous amount considering they have a 5 year age gap between them. But other times, they are the sweetest with each other.

Rob was out of town 2 weekends in a row. Being that I work from home, by the time the weekend comes around, I'm dying to get out and for something different. After basketball practice Saturday morning we went to the mall to run some errands. (There were only 3 stores I had to go to, but yet with the kids, it took us 4 hours.) Because we have to take breaks to do things like ride the carousal..... 

....not to mention the fact that Hollon always has to go to the restroom when we are the furthest away from one. 

Jake needed some new tennis shoes. While in the shoe store, Hollon spotted some light up paw patrol hot pink shoes. I did the riskiest thing I've ever done as a parent..... 
....I let her try them on.

It was hilarious. She pranced and danced around that store wearing them. 
They didn't make it home with us.

That afternoon we went to a birthday party for one of her friends. The friend's mom is a teacher at the gym that I'd like Hollon to take gymnastics with next year. They had a beam, and bars and other equipment. Hollon was obsessed. The next week when we went to her actual dance studio for her gymnastics class, she cried saying she wanted to go to "Layla's nastics".



Sunday after church, we went to the McWane Center. Before Jake started kindergarten, we had an annual membership and would go every few months. Honestly, it is not my favorite and I don't think it is that great, but Jake LOVES it. We have not been since Hollon was born (except for a field trip), so I surprised the kids with a trip there that afternoon. 



They did have a new (to us) kiddie area. It was super cute and I was very impressed with it. But Jake was way too old for it. And I didn't feel comfortable him roaming around the rest of the center without an adult. Thankfully, the kids were pretty good sports about splitting time between what Jake wanted to do and what Hollon wanted. 




This was one of Jake's favorites when he was Hollon's age too




Afternoon princess tea

Weekend #2 Rob was out of town. Once again Jake had basketball practice that morning.

That afternoon, we met our friends at a new trampoline park

Hollon loved these fabric swings



Sunday after church we tried out a park that we don't usually go to. I knew they had a large bike path, so the kids brought their bikes and rode. Then we hit up their playground.

As we were leaving the park, one of Jake's friends mom called to see if Jake could come play (they live in our neighborhood). 
Hayden's mom is so good about taking pictures. I love it!
Ready for a new week!


Hollon's hair.... UGH! Our newest battle is hair battles. She will not let me pull the side back and put a bow in her hair (my very favorite little girl hairstyle). She will only let me put it in low pigtails (Ana hair) or a ponytail (Elsa hair). And NO bow. Hollon's hair does not do well in a ponytail (as seen above, these were after school one day). Her hair is so straight and fine, it just slips out of a ponytail. 

So we compromised. She'll let me pull the side back and will wear a bow for pictures and if we are going somewhere other than school. And I don't make her wear a bow for school. We are 1 week in and still not arguing, so I count that as a win. 

Her new pose for this week is her hands up in the air




This outfit was picked out by Hollon (with a little help from mom). I had been winning the clothing battle because Hollon loves dresses. So I just let her pick from her dresses which she wants to wear. This day though, she found her skirts. 😲
Trying to get her to pick out things that matched this skirt while still making her think these were all her decisions was tricky.



And we ended the week with Jake celebrating his 100th day at school!
I question rather he looks like an old man or an out of work vacuum salesman, but either way, he loved it. (Every store was out of silver hair spray and of course I didn't start putting the outfit together until the day before [too late for Amazon prime😒]. So we put baby powder in his hair. Not perfect, but close enough!)



No comments: