Thursday, January 4, 2018

Christmas at Nana & Gran's

Friday (12/22) we headed down to Prattville to spend the weekend with my family. Friday night, we had our family Christmas with my siblings and their families.
Hollon with her "big sister" Marrell
Please excuse this outfit. It was a miss and match of things she picked out. She threw an absolute FIT over what I picked out. 
Getting ready to open gifts

I could eat this girl up with a spoon

Mae Stanley and Hollon
Hollon's big gift from my parents - a princess castle. She was so excited!!



Jake's big gift from my parents - a BB gun

And Marrell got a pink one!

Mae Stanley got a new baby doll stroller



Of course there had to be some light saber fights


Playing back in the play room after opening gifts


My mom found this old gown of my sisters
I seriously tried to stuff her in my bag and steal her any second I got. But her very protective big brothers kept catching me! 

And an extra hat for Hollon to wear as well

One of the best gifts my parents ever bought the grandkids - a McDonald's stand. This was purchased back when Jake & Marrell were toddlers and every grandkid has played with it and loves it.

And I'm not going to lie. There have been quite a few of the kids that have shown a fast food fry cook potential. 

The next morning, Marrell & Jake tested out their new guns


For lunch, we went over to my cousins house and had our extended Hollon family Christmas. This was our first Christmas since Maw-Maw passed away, so it was different and she was definitely missed.

The girls hung out in Isabella's room

And the boys hung out in the playroom

Mae Stanley meeting the newest great grandchild - Sidney (who is named after our great grandfather)


Mae Stanley - "Just me and my 2nd cuz"

Sidney - "Um, your arm is getting tighter around my neck"

Sidney - "Could you please stop taking pictures and SAVE ME?!?!?!"

Hollon thought she was big stuff





Jake playing with MS

MS LOVED IT when I put her in the chair to take a picture with Hollon

My cousin April (who is a school teacher) let the kids make slime









My sister's kids were not impressed



My kids on the other hand, dove right in (and made huge messes)




Our family

My sister and her crew had to head back to Atlanta Saturday evening, but my family stayed one more night. We all went to church in the morning together, and it was super special. Because our sweet Marrell was baptized. 

It was the perfect end to a great weekend. After the church service, we had to head back to Birmingham, because not only was it Christmas Eve, it was also Jake's birthday!!

No comments: