Monday, October 2, 2017

First Day of Dance

Tuesday (September 5) was a big deal for Hollon. Not only did she start MDO, but she also had her first dance class. Eeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkk! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't super excited about her taking dance. I took dance all through school and loved it. I would love nothing more than to have a little girl who loved tap, ballet, gymnastics and baton. But I know that might not be her jam. And that would be okay, we'd just try other things. But you better believe that I was starting with the dance. Much to my excitement, she loves it. I don't know how long she'll love it or take lessons (she's only 3!), but I'm going to enjoy it while I have it!

She has gymnastics first
I SWEAR I didn't tell her to pose. I just told her I wanted to take her picture, and this is what she did.
They have windows that we can look through and see the girls, but they can't see us. Problem is, the windows are not very large, so you have tons of moms (& dads & grandparents & siblings & other dancers) all trying to peak through. Thankfully, Hollon's gymnastics class only has 5 girls in it, so it is not too bad. But ballet has around 15, so that one is crazy!

Watch out Mary Lou Retton! (My idol growing up)
Watching Hollon kill the somersault below, makes me extremely confident that she will be in the Olympics one day.

And learning to do a cartwheel

And attempting the cartwheel on her own
On second thought, we might have a little ways to go before Olympics 😉

She has gymnastics for 45 minutes and then she changes and has tap/ballet for 45 minutes

Ballet video 😂

Tap video



I was worried how Hollon would do with an hour and half worth of dance lessons, but she did great! She wasn't paying attention all the time (again, she is 3!), but she seemed to really like it. She cried when we had to leave. (And then she screamed a fit when another little girl had the same backpack as her old school backpack and she thought it was hers. I had to DRAG her out screaming. So embarrassing!)



  

No comments: