Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Week in Review - Last Week at CCS

This was Hollon's last week at Covenant Classical School. We have loved this school/daycare and have used it during the summer for both Jake (when he was little) and Hollon. If I was to ever go back to work full time and outside the home, we'd definitely use CCS as our full time daycare. 

She set up her Frozen figures and then wanted me to take her picture beside them


This is not a very clear picture, but it is a face I get all the time from Hollon, so I want to document it. This is her "I didn't get my way" pout. I get it approximately 20 times a day.


For some reason, she has been wanting me to take her picture while she stands on her bed


As an early birthday gift, Granddad Jake & GG Kathy sent her this stuffed squirrel. She has loved it!

She has also been obsessed with this old Batman figure of Jake's

She was showing me how her and Batman were sitting the same

She is having a conversation with him here 


Another typical Hollon face/pose I want to document. Whenever you tell her to do something, she'll put her hand on her hip and say "fiiiiiiinnnnnneeeeee". And then smile. If she was 13, I'm sure it would be super annoying. But at almost 3, it is a little cute.

Thursday, after school, we went to pick up treats to give Hollon's teachers on her last day. K&J's Elegant Pastries is becoming well known in Birmingham for their outrageous shakes. I let the kids pick one to split. They were not disappointed!!


Friday, Hollon's last day at CCS. Here she is with her 2 main teachers Miss Amber & Miss Sarah. She ADORED these girls. She called them "her friends". They were so sweet to Hollon and welcomed her with such open arms. They loved on her, her personality (& her outfits:) and it just meant the world to me. We will miss them so so much.

Once everyone was home from school, we went swimming at the pool





Another extremely low key weekend. Our neighbors were at the beach, so it seemed weird and quiet! Saturday morning we went for a family walk to the clubhouse and had their breakfast (the first time we've done that in the 5.5 years we've lived here!). Jake had a birthday party that afternoon and then we grilled out that night. Sunday Jake went into big church with us, to see one of his best friends get baptized.  
Can we just take a moment, for a second of sadness? Sniff, sniff.... Jake's tennis shoes. 

Our church is very casual. People dress causal, the service is casual. It is completely opposite of what Robbie & I grew up with and the type of churches we've always attended (as children & adults). We are just used to a very traditional church. We looked for so many reasons not to attend the church we do now, but at the end of the day, we just knew that God was speaking to our hearts. That was the best church for our family and for us to serve in. And it has been absolutely the right decision. We just still dress up (and dress the children up) like it is a traditional church. But all of the boys in Jake's Sunday School class wear tennis shoes. And he asked me if he could too. I wanted to say "no". But I knew that the type of shoes you wore, did not matter in God's eyes, as long as your heart was in the right place. So I said yes. 

And now we have our first Sunday picture with someone wearing tennis shoes.     

No comments: