Friday, August 11, 2017

Summer Week 10 - Last Week Before School Starts

Monday, ready for a new week!


Dancing
 In no mood for pictures on Tuesday

Mad because I made her take off the princess dress so we could leave for daycare
 Much better on Wednesday. My mom got her the pigeon from the Mo Willems Pigeon book series. And it is her new favorite. The pigeon (which she calls a penguin and refuses to call it anything else) has gone everywhere with us.

Just eating an apple with pigeon/penguin 

He gets a bite as well





Having a tea party with talking Doc McStuffins (who lost her voice when Hollon drowned her in the water table) and naked baby (who Hollon refuses to let wear clothes)

Video of the tea party/doctor's visit


Thursday was splash pad day at daycare!

Jake's cousin Jackson was in town staying with Mimi & Granddad for the week, so on Thursday, I offered to take the boys to a local water park. After I dropped Hollon off at daycare, we headed to Alabama Splash Adventure.

The boys had a blast!


Jake coming down one of the slides


Thursday night, it was just me & this girl. Dad was on his boys trip to Chicago and Jake was spending the night with Mimi & Granddad. Little sister was NOT HAPPY to get left out. 

TGIF! Since dad was away, we sent him lots of pictures like this....


Usually, I take the kids to the zoo {here} and {here} for our back to school trip. But it was likely going to rain on Saturday, so we picked an indoor activity. We decided on Chuck E Cheese. Now, I know most people despise CEC. Strangely enough, I don't mind it. The one nearest to us, is fairly new, super clean, large enough that there are lots of things for the kids to do, but not so much that they get lost or overwhelmed. Plus, it is sometimes hard to find things that an 8-year-old boy and 2-year-old girl will both enjoy. So CEC it was, and the kids had a great time.  










On the roller coaster ride. The first time we rode it, I held Hollon in my lap. Later, she wanted to ride it again. So this time, I let her ride by herself and I just stood beside her and put my hand under her head and helped hold her on the bench.



The lady at the prize counter was so sweet and gave the kids some "extra" points. Hollon got a diamond ring and some skittles and Jake got a nerf type gun.

Showing their loot
 That night, we had dinner with our neighbors outside and then watched a movie. After Hollon went to bed, Jake and I watched another movie.

Meanwhile, Dad was in Chicago with some buddies.... 




No comments: