Monday, September 11, 2017

Weeks in Review - Hollon's Last 2 Weeks of Summer

I can't believe I'm so behind with the blog. I'm sure my 2 readers have been on pins & needles. We are fine, just super busy. The rest of September is just as busy, but I'm hoping to not get so far behind. But I've got so much to catch up on!

**************

Wayyyyyyyyyyyy back on August 22, we had Hollon's meet the teacher. 

It is so hard to get a normal picture of her, because she is always singing, dancing or performing

She sings with a lot of emotion and hand expressions



I thought maybe taking it inside, would lower the dramatics. But she just found a light up wand and then insisted on that being in all of the pictures.  



While we were at the school, one of Hollon's friends was there as well to meet the teacher.
Hollon & Jack

This is their 3rd year to be in class together!


Hollon & her teacher Ms. Jennifer

The rest of the week, Hollon got to spend some time at Nana & Gran's. She had a ball!



Her following a dance video.....

That is a face of pure joy. She ADORES going to Nana & Gran's. She cried when she had to come back home and Jake cried when my parents dropped her off, because he wanted to leave with them. Basically, my children would prefer to live with either set of their grandparents. We try convincing them that they were not that fun and laid back as parents. 😃  
 Just keeping the neighborhood classy by using a cooler as a swimming pool

Saturday (August 26) was Hollon's 3rd birthday! (Post about her turning 3, coming later this week) We are having her party later in September, but still wanted to celebrate her on her actual birthday. I set up some princess decorations and we gave her, her gifts from us.


She got a singing Elsa dress


Brother got her the Peppa Pig family figures

And we got her the Peppa Pig house


She insisted I braid her hair like Elsa. She played all morning until it was time to go to the park.

We tried to plan all special things that Hollon likes for her birthday. So we went to a park near our house.

She insisted Peppa & George come along. (She actually wanted to bring the entire family and friends, but we made her only pick 2.)

She wanted me to take her picture with them




While she was playing in the park, Jake practiced a little baseball with dad

 After some lunch and naps, we setup the inflatable pool

My parents gave her an Ariel mermaid that swims for her birthday, so she was super excited to play with it in the pool
 Our next door neighbors came over to play as well

Best Friends!!
(Their birthdays are 10 days apart)


 A family that lives in our neighborhood came over as well. We grilled out and all of the kids played. We sang Happy Birthday to Hollon that evening.




And ended the evening dancing and playing games
I promise there was another little boy there! He is just not in the picture. We don't always make Jake hang out with only girls!
On Monday, August 28, Hollon had a 3 year check up. All healthy!


Then that evening, Jake had his first fall baseball practice
Which I unfortunately get to see very little of, because I have to chase this girl around. This season, none of the boys have a little sister, so Hollon has no one to play with, except me.😢
 On Tuesday, the kids had dentist appointments. Both have healthy teeth and no cavities. (Which is a miracle because I'm the worst about forgetting to make them brush before they go to bed. I never think about it, until I'm brushing my own teeth before bed.) 


This week, Hollon got to stay some with Mimi & Granddad. And it was a special treat, because Granddad Jake was visiting! 
They both have the same expression about someone taking their photo while eating
 Hollon did a few things with Granddad Jake that just absolutely melted my heart. The thing with Hollon, is she is not an overly affectionate child. She doesn't sugar coat it and can be extremely stand-offish and shy around adults. I don't know if it was because she got to hang around Granddad Jake without lots of people around, but she was attached to him all week. When they came to pick her up, as they were walking to the car, she held his hand. (Something she hardly EVER does, even with me.) And then one night, they were watching a movie and she walked in, went straight to Granddad Jake, climbed up beside him and laid on him. Again, this is completely out of the norm for her.  
This picture means the world to me. Granddad Jake is such an amazing man and I feel so blessed my kids get to spend time with someone who has experienced so much and served his country so proudly. He is the most active person I know to be 94 years young! Jake has always looked up to Granddad Jake (I mean, that is who he is named after!), but I was happy for Hollon to get to spend some one-on-one time with him. And she was nice. It just goes to show, how amazing, gentle and loving he is. 

No comments: