Friday, May 20, 2016

Mother's Day - Prattville

My mom's birthday was the 11th. My sister wasn't able to come Mother's Day weekend, so we decided to celebrate the weekend after. We had a wonderful lunch and then birthday cake celebrating the birthday girl. I think there is something so sweet about so many grandchildren standing around their Nana singing Happy Birthday. We all love her so much and I was so glad that we were all there together to celebrate the amazing mom she is.

Afterwards, I grabbed the camera for some pictures of all the kids playing outside. (Who am I kidding, that was my plan all along. I'm trying to recoup the grandchildren pictures from Easter that were lost in murder, fire, car break-in.)

Some of Hollon's favorite toys at Nana & Gran's are the cozy coup, Dora chair & play house. I didn't get any pictures of her in the playhouse, but got a few of her loving the coup! 

Strong Gaines pushing Hollon in the car


Cousin picture!
This fall, we will add {one more}!!
Gaines (2), Marrell (7.5), Jake (7), Woody (3.5), Hollon (1.5) & Maddox (11.5)

Photo Jackpot!!! (well, for these kids at least)
Everyone somewhat looking forward


My brother has 2 girls, and is close to all of his nephews. Jake being the oldest, he is super close to Uncle Billy. He loves Uncle Billy and Uncle Billy likes to do the typical uncle things. Like pestering Jake. And getting Jake to tell an extremely long story. And scaring him.

My brother is just casually talking to Jake. Asking him about his favorite subject - snakes.

And then he pulls this out from behind his back

And Jake freaked


I pushed my luck to try to get one more group picture.

FAIL!


Gaines & Hollon starting to meltdown
Woody & Marrell looking nervous
Maddox trying to contain the cray-cray's (aka - Hollon & Gaines)
And Jake still worried Uncle Billy will scare him again with the snake

Gaines is OUT

Hollon is DONE
All is better. Hollon is in her Dora chair.

And then they jumped on the trampoline and all was better again

Hollon was like "wait for me guys!"




Woody decided he was done and crawled up in Nana's lap


If he can't be in Nana's lap, the next happy place is with his alphabet. 




My sweet girl...

Just a little girl talk

Happy Birthday & Mother's Day Nana!!

No comments: