Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Thanksgiving

Last year's attempt to get a picture of my parents 6 grandkids did not go so well. Evidence here:

Seriously, this was the best picture we got. Needless to say, my parents did not send out Christmas cards last year.
 New year, new idea. This year, we wised up and hired a photographer to come out and take pictures.  The photographer was coming to take pictures Tuesday, so the kids & I headed down to Prattville Tuesday morning. Much better idea and much better pictures. It was still hard trying to keep the oldest 3 from having awkward smiles and keep the youngest 3 sitting still, but it went better than last year. I can't wait to share the pictures once my parents get them in!

After the photographer left I attempted to get a few pictures of Jake & Hollon. 
The other kids were already changing and playing so Jake informed me he had no time to take pictures for me. So I let him go. Thankfully this little munchkin didn't mind.

Later that day, making a humongous mess in the playroom. 
Gaines & Hollon
My sister & I and our kids all stayed with my parents Tuesday night. The 3 youngest getting ready for bed.


The playroom was seriously destroyed 



Enjoying a little breakfast the next morning.

While the younger 2 took naps Wednesday, Jake & Woody played with the iPhone & iPad.


We all did a little shopping Wednesday and then went to lunch at Chick-fil-a. It was Hollon's first time on a CFA playground.



On Wednesday afternoon, the dads joined us.
Happy to see her daddy
We spent the afternoon outside



And lit a bonfire that evening



Poor Marrell having to pull both Gaines & Hollon
Marrell is the little mama and loves taking care of her babies
Thanksgiving Day!
Maddox (age 11)
Marrell (age 7)
Jake (age 7)
Wooday (age 3)
Gaines (age 20 months)
Hollon (age 15 months)
There was lots of fighting sharing


Robbie's parents had been in Auburn with the RV, so they came down Thursday and had Thanksgiving lunch with us.
Hollon with Mimi & Granddad
Family photo! This is my grandmother (Maw-Maw), her 2 sons (my dad & my Uncle Stan) and their families. 5 grandchildren and 9 great-grandchildren.

Our family
My Uncle Stan's family
We spent the afternoon outside enjoying the amazing weather.

Playing with bubbles




He-he, look at Hollon's cankles



It was an awesome day spent with some of the people I love the most. I truly have so much to be thankful for. Thursday night, Rob & I left for Auburn and the kids stayed on with my parents for the remainder of the weekend.

A few of Jake & Hollon's Thanksgiving crafts they made at school....
Hollon's wreath
Her little hand turkey
Jake's ship

No comments: