Friday, June 12, 2015

Hollon Elizabeth - 9 Months

Hollon turned 9 months old while we were at the beach. I took her pictures the Monday we got back, but I'm just now getting around to positing them.




9 Months Old Recap:
Likes: attention, mam pacifier, remotes, cell phones, sticking her finger in anything (your eye, electrical outlets, her nose, etc...), attention, peek-a-boo, bath time, fruits, attention, being held, her ear, attention, pulling up on anything
Dislikes: green peas, not being held when she is crying
Milestones: She is pulling up on everything. She likes to let go, but she always falls when she does. We quickly put her underwater at the pool while at the beach & she didn't mind. 
Sleep: As of her 9 month birthday, she still was not sleeping through the night. We talked with her pediatrician at her 9M checkup and the pediatrician said that we've got to let her start crying it out if we want her to sleep through the night. I always thought I'd have no problem doing that, but it is so much harder when you have to actually do it. She is napping twice a day, but since we are coming into summer, I'm going to try to get her to take a morning nap and afternoon nap (she currently takes an early morning nap, mid-morning nap & an afternoon cat nap). She cries when you first lay her down, but after a few minutes she will usually fall asleep. Sometimes I have to go in & rock her a few more minutes, and then she goes down much easier. She usually goes to bed around 8:00, wakes up either once, twice or 3 times a night, and then is up for good around 7:00. Hopefully by her 10 month update, that will have improved.
Eat: She has milk from me at 7:00, 10:00, 1:00, 4:00, 8:00 and 1 meal of baby food. I know she needs more food meals and I should probably drop one of my milk feedings. After we got back from the beach, we started a new schedule. She like baby food okay. She hates green peas, loves fruits and is okay with everything else. She eats pretty good, but you don't have to scrap the bowl clean (like we had to with Jake!). Right now, I puree her food to almost liquid. I've got to get better about that. She needs texture. My child choking is one of my nightmares. But if I don't change that up now, she'll be eating baby food at age 10.
Appearance: Her hair is getting longer. It is longest on top and long enough for a bow. The rest of it just sticks up everywhere. Especially when freshly washed. Her hair color is light brown. She has 2 teeth on bottom and 4 on top. 
Size: Still 6-9M or 12M clothing. Size 3 diapers. 
Talking: She blabbers all the time (or all the time she doesn't have a pacifier in her mouth). She says dadadada (dad?), mamamama (mom?), bobobobobobo (brother?), bababababa (baby? ball?)

No comments: