Friday, June 26, 2015

Father's Day

We went to church Sunday morning and celebrated with Robbie with gifts & cards. Robbie is such an amazing father. I knew when we were dating, that he would make a great father, and he has not disappointed. He is the leader of our family, our provider. And the only one who can remember anything. He keeps us in order, makes us laugh, and is the rock of our family. We all love him so very much and I am so grateful that he is the father of our children.

After church, the Bush's came over so we could celebrate Robbie's dad (Granddad). We cooked out and had a nice lunch outside. Nothing says Happy Father's Day like making your husband cook. In my defense, if I was working the grill, that would have been an even worse father's day gift. Chuck is such a special father. Him & Robbie have so many happy memories of going to races, to Auburn football games to road trips. He has shown by example how to be a loving, devoted, Christian father. He takes care of me like I was his own daughter and our kids just adore him. 


Getting ready to give Granddad his father's day gift

Hollon trying watermelon for the first time



Hollon was extremely interested in Granddad's card


Jake was supposed to spend the week at my parent's house, so after lunch, the kids and I headed down to Prattville so I could drop Jake off and spend some time with my dad.
Someone got a hold of Gran's phone
And yes her hair looks like this all the time
It will.not.sit.down
I am so glad I was able to spend the afternoon with my dad. On Monday, a dear friend of my parents passed away suddenly & unexpectedly. He was my parent's age and in good health. He leaves behind a devastated wife & daughter. It has been on my mind all week. Have I told my dad enough just how much I love him? How much I appreciate everything he has done for me? How grateful I am that he gave me a life better than I could ever imagine? That he taught me so much and he made me who I am today? One of my very favorite childhood memories is one night my dad took me on a father/daughter date. I still remember I wore a pink blouse and floral skirt. He took me to eat at Wendy's and then we went to see the movie Earnest Goes to Camp. I felt so beautiful and so special that night. I still can remember that feeling. I am so grateful that I had such a loving father that was so devoted. Just last year, he & I rode to Atlanta together for my nephew Gaines birth (my mom was already in Atlanta). It was just my dad & I for 3 hours in the car, and we had the best time. We laughed (I took us to an abandoned warehouse by typing in the wrong address in GPS), we talked about business, we talked about relationships, we reminisced. It was 3 great hours that I am so glad that I had with just my father & I. I love my father with all my heart and my kids love him just as much.   

"For you know how, like a father with his children, we exhorted each one of you and encouraged you and charged you to walk in a manner worthy of God, who calls you into his own kingdom and glory." 1 Thessalonians 2:11-12



No comments: