Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Week in Review - First Tooth, Exercise & Face Paci

While I work this is my little secretary.

 You can just barely see her first tooth (circled below), but you can feel it if you run your hand over her bottom gum.

She is a wee bit vain. She loves to look at herself in the mirror.

Seriously. It is her favorite toy on the exersauser
 Jake came upstairs after I had finished working out, and wanted to show me some of the dance moves they do during PE. I found some YouTube videos of the videos they dance to. 


Sometimes in the afternoon, if I have some work to finish up, Jake plays babysitter. 

Which might include getting a car ran upside your head

This is Hollon's face usually when Jake asks her if she wants him to pick her up

He does it anyway

She sure does love him though. I wish the quality was better in this picture
She will just look at him and smile. She loves to watch everything he does.
 Hollon cannot crawl (or even roll over) but she is mobile when upset. She made it across her mat & on the carpet. I've found her completely off the mat before. We certainly don't leave her alone on the bed.

"What? You are looking me? Are you going to pick me up? If you do, I'll stop crying."
One day Hollon was taking her nap in her crib and through the video monitor, I could tell something was on her face. (She likes to put her luvee over her face, which scares me, so I'm always checking her face when she sleeps.) I go to take a better look and realize it was her pacifier. It had fallen out of her mouth and was stuck to the side of her face.




 On Thursday, Jake got a much needed haircut. I always mean to take a before & after, but never do. I usually forget to take the before. This day, I forgot to take the after.

 On Friday, Mimi & Granddad took Jake to see Paddington at the movie theater. He loved it!

We spent the weekend knocking out some projects around the house. I had laid Hollon on the mat in her room. I walked by and saw this. Jake had gone in her room and was reading to her from his Lego magazine. 

She was getting a little fussy (it was time for her to eat). Jake thought she was crying because she needed a nap. He picked her up and got her to the rocking chair where he was rocking her (and about the drop her, but I don't want to ruin a sweet story).

Work in progress, but some of the projects we've been working on.... 
Desk in my office/bonus room/guest bedroom/craft room

Rob built this so I could keep all the clutter off the desk

For the wall above the secretary

Revamped the coffee table

Curtains in the breakfast nook

No comments: