Thursday, January 8, 2015

Week in Review - Last week of Christmas Break

After the Hollon family Christmas, Rob, Hollon & I headed back to Birmingham Sunday, but Jake stayed behind to spend a few days with Nana & Gran. Maddox & Marrell came over a lot to play and they had an inside camp out, rode the zip line, jumped on the trampoline and had a glow stick party (not to be confused with a rave that an young adult would attend). Jake asked if he could spend 100 nights before he had to come home. We settled on 3.
Wearing his pajamas & glow glasses from their glow stick party
Hollon wasn't her normal self the week after Christmas. We really didn't travel much and didn't get too much off schedule. She was held a lot and got a lot of attention the week prior, so I don't know if she was having attention withdraws? Maybe she just missed brother? She was just in a very weird mood Sunday. The only way she would stop crying is if she was swaddled and held exactly like this...
Poor little sad face
Poor little daddy & mommy's ears
I've spent the week trying to get her on a consistent nap & eating schedule. She doesn't usually nap on a boppy, but she & I were playing and she feel asleep suddenly.

The picture is super grainy because I was taking it with my iPhone and trying to make sure my face stayed out of the picture. But I love it when this sweet little girl falls asleep on me.

The rest of this post might as well be called "we got a new something huge tacky that takes up a lot of room toy" and we have taken too many pictures of Hollon in it. This was Jake's that we've had in storage from when he was a baby. I didn't think Hollon was old enough for it yet, but next time I turn around, Robbie had it out & put together. We put Hollon in it and she loves it. Anything that will entertain this girl and keep her out of our arms for a little while, I'll take it! 
First time in the exersaucer

We got Jake back the morning of New Year's Eve. That night, it was just the four of us. We hung out and had a very low key NYE. The next day Hollon & I went shopping while the boys watched football.
Ready to cheer on Auburn in his new jersey Mimi & Granddad bought him.
(He is wearing 3D glasses that came with a book)

Auburn is not #1 and unfortunately neither is Alabama anymore.
We won't discuss those game anymore.
Finally by the weekend, Hollon was getting back to her normal self.
Yeah! Getting smiles again!

I love her sweet little feet sticking out when I am feeding her
And back to more pictures in the exersaucer





Double cankles
We were taking down our Christmas tree and I turned the TV on a baby channel that plays music. Hollon loves music, so I was hoping that and the exersaucer would entertain her long enough for me to get everything down. I turn around and see this...
She has her head cocked back trying to see the TV
I had turned it on for the music, not for her to watch


One evening, Hollon kept almost falling asleep in her swing, but would wake up whenever we moved. I draped a blanket over the mobile on the swing, thinking that would keep us from distracting her. Of course she just pulled the blanket down. Here she is peeking out.
She wanted to make sure she didn't miss any fun
On Saturday, Jake, Robbie & 2 other boys and their dads all went to the Birmingham bowl game to see Florida play (one of the boys & his dad are big Florida fans and bought a group of tickets so they could all sit together). It was rainy, but they all stayed the whole game. By the time Jake & Rob got home, they were wet, cold & tired. Both were in bed by 8:00. But they had a great time and Jake loved getting to spend the day with Robbie and the boys.

Jake probably got at least $50 worth of food throughout the game
at the concession stand

No comments: