Friday, March 28, 2014

Atlanta / George Strait Concert Weekend

My best friend from college, Stephanie & I have always had on our bucket list, to see George Strait in concert. Last fall, Robbie gave me a ticket for my birthday and Jonathan gave Stephanie a ticket for their anniversary. We were finally going to see George live! The concert was this past weekend in Atlanta. We all headed over Friday. We had a great sushi dinner Friday night and then Saturday, Stephanie & I shopped while the husbands watched basketball. Then that evening, we all headed downtown for the concert. (Only Stephanie & I were going to the concert, Robbie & Jonathan were just hanging out at a nearby restaurant. Such sweet husbands! They came with us, even though they weren't going to the actual concert, just to make sure we got everywhere safely. Stephanie & I are the equivalent of 2 ten-year-old's in a big city.) 
Downtown before the concert

At the concert!

It's hard to tell, but we really had great seats! 

Sheryl Crow opened for George & she was great as well! She came out & sang a duet with George which everyone went crazy for.

George was absolutely amazing and Stephanie & I had a great time! The whole weekend was awesome. We got to eat great food, shop, had no schedule and no kids to have to work around! (Thanks to my parents & Stephanie's parents for watching the kids while we were gone!) 

So what was Jake doing while we were gone? Having a horrible time being spoiled great time of course. The snowbirds have moved out of my parent's condo at the beach, so my parents, Jake, my brother & his family all headed down. I'm pretty sure Jake didn't miss us at all.



 Rob & I got home from Atlanta on Sunday, and then Monday morning I left for Chattanooga for work. This week is Jake's spring break, so he stayed with my parents a few extra days. 
Jake has been dying to go fishing!
So my dad took him to a little pond on our family land.

He is using an adult size pole.
My parents have some kiddie poles, but since they are my nieces
(and are pink), Jake refused to use them. 

No comments: