Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Introducing... Gaines Alton Harvard

20 months ago, I wrote about my little sister, having her first child here. Now I'm writing about her having her 2nd baby! Yes, her children are 20 months apart. Not exactly how they originally planned, but a blessing that everyone is so thankful for. Gaines Alton Harvard "Gaines" was born March 7 at 11:35 AM at Northside Hospital in Atlanta. He weighed 8 lb 12 oz and was 21 1/4 inches long. He is a beautiful precious little baby boy!

My mom had been over in Atlanta all week helping my sister. (Which, my sister is a superstar. She is a 4th grade teacher and her c-section was schedule for Friday. She worked all the way up through end of day Thursday! Along with taking care of a very active 20 month old! I get tired just writing all of that!) My dad & I rode together and went up Friday. I had so much fun riding with my dad. We have always been close, and I've always been a daddy's girl. Usually when we see each other, the grandkids all occupy his time (they all adore him), so it was nice for he & I to just get some one-on-one time. We talked about work, business, life, sports, kids, the future, everything. I love my dad so much, and was happy to have a weekend with him!

After a slight miscue with with GPS (I selected 1000 Johnson Road NE, instead of 1000 Johnson Ferry Road NE), a 20 minute drive through a sketchy neighborhood in Atlanta arriving at our expected destination which was an old, abandoned warehouse, we finally got back on track and got to the hospital around lunchtime. We ate some lunch and by that time, Lindsey was all fixed up and in her room with baby Gaines!

Welcome to world Gaines!!
(I stole this picture from my brother-in-law. Isn't it the best?!?! This was right after Gaines was born! He was wide awake and waving to the world. How cute!)


Nana holding her 5th grandchild

Gran holding his 3rd grandson


Gaines is the most alert baby I've ever met!
You can just tell he is going to do big things in life!

Look at all those car seats in my sister's car!
 Later that afternoon, Brooks parents brought big brother Woody by to meet Gaines. Woody was not too impressed, but he was very excited to see his mamma!
Sweet brothers.... Woody & Gaines

Much happier on daddy's shoulders
Saturday afternoon, we watched Woody, so the Harvard's could spend some time at the hospital with Gaines. I just love Woody so much. He is the funniest little thing and has such a big personality. I forgot how curious a 20 month old is. You have to keep your eyes on them every second! But they are so easily entertained and are so very lovable. I just loved getting to hang out with Woody. 
Big brother Woody
Playing on his new tractor

Taking selfies Sunday morning
 My dad & I watched Woody Sunday morning, while everyone else went to the hospital. Then on my dad & I's way out of town, we stopped by one last time to see Lindsey & Gaines. Gaines is just so precious & I can't wait to get my hands on him again soon!

Jake had baseball practice at 11 on Saturday, which is why he & Robbie stayed in Birmingham. Chuck (my father-in-law) picked him up from school Friday and once Judy got off from school, they headed down to Auburn to see the gymnastics meet. I don't know how much Jake cared about the gymnastics, but he loved the balloon dog & glow in the dark bracelet Mimi & Granddad bought him!


Sweet boy loves spending time in Auburn and with his Mimi & Granddad
 
Enjoying breakfast at Waffle House with Daddy

Watching a movie upstairs with Daddy


Pretty safe to say, everyone had a great weekend!!

No comments: