Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Week in Review

I know the titles are not original or catchy, but I'm trying to do better at updating the blog once a week, so I'm just kind of stuck on this title. The first part of the week, Jake was at my parent's for spring break, I was in Chattanooga for work, so that just left Rob in Birmingham for work. By Wednesday evening, we were all back under one roof.
 
Jake had a good, but uneventful rest of his spring break. We played outside, played legos and read lots of books. And, just keeping it real, he also ate a lot of snacks and watched a lot of TV.
 
Friday night, the Bush's watched Jake so Robbie & I could go to a friend's birthday dinner. I feel like we get stuck eating at the restaurants around us in the suburbs, so it feels like a treat to go downtown & eat. (Oh the life before a kid:)
 
Saturday, Jake's baseball practice pleasantly unfortunately got rained out, so we spent the whole day at home. We cleaned, organized, and sat down to truly talk about what all projects we have left to really feel like we've got the house completed. Other than a lamp shade for Jake's new "bigger boy" room and plates to hang in the dining room, we actually have 2 rooms complete (pictures to come)! 2 down, 11 more to go!
 
On Sunday, we went to the early service at the new church we've been visiting. We were a little late, so we missed the part where the kids leave for children's church. We didn't know where they went, so we just kept Jake in church with us. When we've tried in the past, that has been a nightmare, but Jake actually did pretty good this time. I was really proud of him!
 
 I know this post was really lame and boring. But now that we are in April, things will pick up!

No comments: