Monday, August 19, 2013

Last Day of Summer School

Friday was Jake's last day at Covenant Classical School. I cannot say enough great things about this school/daycare. If we ever need to go back to full time daycare, this is exactly where we would send Jake. The school has a Christian based theme and Jake has learned so much about the Bible this summer. I love hearing him talk about Moses, recite the 10 commandments and tell me Bible verses. And the teachers & staff are amazing. We were so impressed and pleased. And Jake had a great time. He never cried one time this summer. He made some great friends and I think made some truly good memories. Some of his favorite parts of school...
-On Wednesday's, Cha Cha Charlie (a snow cone mobile) stops by the school & the kids get to pick out a snow cone favor
-On Friday's, they have splash pad day & show and tell
-Each week they had a theme (one week was sports theme, one week was carnival theme, one week was weather theme, etc...)
Jake's Mother's Day Out program doesn't start until after Labor Day, but we wanted to give him a little break between schools. So he is out of school for 2 weeks. We've got some fun things planned & he is going to spend a week at my parents, which he is so excited about.
Last day of summer school
(The have splash pad first thing in the morning, so you have
to send them in their swimsuit & flip flops)
 Other random Jake updates & photo dump.....
Batman loves the park

This is how Batman rides to the park


We were checking out at Academy & Jake spotted some watches. He has been wanting a watch for a long time now. These were only $10 & they project a picture when you push a button. It was pretty neat, so I let Jake pick out one. He picked a Monster's University one. He has LOVED it. He insisted on wearing it every day to school.
 
We've run into a little sleeping problem. Every morning around 2:00, Jake gets up & wants to come get in our bed. He cries when we take him back to his bed and it is such a struggle. I can finally admit, he is too big for the toddler bed. We hope that moving him to a larger bed will feel more comfortable. His crib/toddler bed converts into a full size bed, but I really don't want to give up all that space in his room. Plus, after we buy the bed rails, full size mattress & bedding, I think we will come out cheaper just getting him a twin bed. So I've been on a twin bed looking mission.
 
I guess Jake is growing through a growth spurt? That child has been eating like a bottom-less pit. He is eating great at his meals, but he wants a thousand snacks throughout the day. Sometimes I don't know if he is truly hungry, or just likes snacking.
 
He has started telling me that he is not going to be my friend when I get on to him. I tell him fine, because my job is to be his mom, not his friend. That, of course goes over his head. One day, I got on to him for something & he said "well, if you tell me that again and I'm just getting out of here". So I opened the door & told him bye. He responded "that's not what you're supposed to say".  

No comments: