Monday, August 19, 2013

Girls Weekend

Two years ago, my 2 best friends from college & I decided to forgo Christmas & Birthday gifts for each other & the kids, and instead use that money to plan a girls weekend getaway. It has been the best idea! Last year, we had a spa weekend at the Grand Hotel in Fairhope. This year, we booked a condo at The Village of Baytowne Wharf. The condo was perfect & it was so nice because we could just walk to dinner, the beach, shopping, etc...
 
We all got into town around lunch time on Friday & had a wonderful lunch on the water. We then checked into the condo, got some groceries and snuck in some shopping.
Dinner Friday night
We had planned on spending the day Saturday at the beach, but a tropical storm put a damper on that. It rained ALL.DAY.LONG. We had hoped that maybe it would just be scattered showers, but it was a heavy consistent downpour all day long. So we crossed the beach off our list. Instead we did some shopping, got manicures/pedicures and just hung out on the balcony catching up. We had such a great time and it was just nice to not have to plan anything around the little ones.
Dinner Saturday night
Saturday night, we had a fabulous dinner and then went out. We stayed out late, danced, laughed our heads off and basically just had a great time.
 
Amanda & Stephanie are like family to me. I love them so much and love that we can always pick up right where we left off. This weekend was great for my soul, I laughed my head off and was reminded (not that I had to be) why these girls are so special to me and how much they mean to me.  
As freshman Phi Mu pledges in the fall of 1997
...Marriages, 6 kids & 16 year later.....
Summer 2013
...Still the best of friends...
 
 


 
 

1 comment:

mjs said...

this is so sweet :) i'm so glad y'all had a weekend to yourselves!