Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Halloween

We kicked off Halloween with Jake's school Fall Festival. I love seeing Jake with his sweet school friends!
Jake's class (they were missing 2 girls)

"Bobbing" for apples

Digging for treasure
 Halloween night, we were going to go trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. I was leaving to go out of town early the next morning, so Jake would be staying with my parents the rest of the week. My sweet parents offered to come up & watch Jake trick-or-treat, so he could ride home with them. Since they were coming up & my sister-in-law was at work (she is a nurse), my brother decided to let the girls come up too to trick-or-treat with Jake. I am SO GLAD they did, because the kids had the best time! They were excited to see each other in the costumes and they loved running door to door through the neighbor's flowerbeds. They would hover so close to the door, I was scared they were going to fall in when the people opened the door. We also had to remind Jake to not try to just open people's doors. They ran, laughed & collected their candy. It was so funny to watch.
Thankfully the costume he has worn almost every day, made it to Halloween

Smiling Batman

Flying through our house

Spider Woman & Batman

Trick-or-treating

Superheroes unite


Batman, a southern belle & spider woman walk into the room.....

This was Jake's first year to get to pick out his Halloween costume. It was worth it, to see how excited he got about it. But, because I love a full body fuzzy, over the top costume, here is my look back at previous years... 
2009 - The Kangaroo (9 Months)

2010 - The Shark (1 1/2)
 
2011 - The Monkey (2 1/2)


No comments: