Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Giving Thanks

This year has had some disappoints for us, but when I come away from a week like this past week, it makes me realize how much I have to be grateful for. I have been blessed so much more than what I deserve. A wonderful family, great friends and special times. And for that, I give so many thanks.

We kicked off the Thanksgiving festivities with Jake's school program. Last year, he completely rocked out his school program. That made me so excited for his spring program. Which he completely just stood there like a knot on a log. So I wasn't sure what to expect with this program. He walked out looking like this was the most boring thing in the world. But he smiled & sang all the songs. Then when it was over, he went back to his bored look. I think he just felt weird because his hair was falling over his Indian headband.
"I look like an idiot"
School Thanksgiving Program
Getting into the singing
Cousin Marrell came to see Jake perform
 On Thursday, we hosted an informal Thanksgiving at our house. Nothing fancy. Just a Honey Baked Ham, some mac & cheese, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes & rolls. My parents & grandmother came up to eat with us.
Jake doing one of his most favorite things -
fighting with Gran

Batman verses the Viking
 
On Friday, I got to hang out with this snugly turkey 

Cousin Woody brought his parents for a visit to Birmingham. Brooks & Robbie went for a bike ride at Oak Mt. & Lindsey & I just got to hang out. Jake loved having baby Woody at the house. 
Jake reading to Woody


Cousins! Jake (almost 4) & Woody (4 months)
Friday night, the Bush's (Mimi & Granddad) got back into town, so we went over to their house for a fajita Thanksgiving dinner. Sadly, no pictures. 

Saturday, Jake stayed with Mimi & Granddad while Robbie & I went over to Tuscaloosa for the Alabama/Auburn game. We initially said that we would not go, but some friends of ours were having a joint tailgate and their company was paying for a limo to take them from Birmingham to Tuscaloosa & back. How do you turn that down? So to T-town we went.
On the ride up

me & Molly

Brad & Robbie
Poor Robbie was 1 of 20 Auburn fans in Tuscaloosa for the game
 Sunday, we headed over to my parent's for their Thanksgiving get-together.
Taking the picture for my parent's Christmas card
Cousins - Jake, Maddox, Woody & Marrell
I also attempted to get our Christmas card photo. Lots of out takes. Lots.
What's going on here?

"Anything up my nose?"

"I'm getting tired of this"

"I'm ready for this to be over with, so I'll just smile ridiculously"
Sweet cousins running far far away from the pictures
 Happy Thanksgiving 2012


No comments: