Wednesday, November 7, 2012

2012 Football Season - Week 10

Last week, Auburn played New Mexico State. It was a little bit of a crazy week. I'd been in Chattanooga for meetings & Jake had been with my parents. I got back to Birmingham Friday & met up with Robbie. Robbie's dad had picked up Jake from my parent's on his way from business in Mobile to Auburn. So we all met up as a family Friday night in Auburn!
 
The tailgating boys
Henry, Alex, Owen & Jake

Judy, me, Katherine, Summer & Kay

Robbie, me, Judy, Jake & Chuck

me & Robbie
What a day. For some reason, all day Saturday, I just felt off. It didn't help that I had packed for a November winter blizzard and instead got a summer heat wave. It was so hot on Saturday & the game was at 11:00. We were taking Jake to this game & he has been so excited. He was disappointed he didn't get to go to the Arkansas game & see the football player. (There is only 1) He left to go to the game with Chuck & Judy since they ride the shuttle from the RV to the stadium. Robbie & I leave closer to game time. The Bush's said the whole way there he was happy & excited. We got there and his mood was still great. I forgot to put sunscreen on him before he left, so I brought it with me. I just put a little on his face & arms.

Wrong.

Meltdown.

Not a crying meltdown, but a mood meltdown. He got so upset about it. (Why? I have no idea. I guess just because he is 3? He doesn't just love sunscreen, but he has never let it impact his mood.) He decided that the stadium was the last place he wanted to be. He told us he didn't like football, he didn't like the cheerleaders, he didn't like the band, he didn't like Aubie & he didn't like Auburn. He pouted & told us he wanted to go to sleep. He insisted on trying to lay on us. Fun. Then he wanted to just sit in my lap & flop over as dead weight hanging off my arm. Super fun. All of this while I'm dying of a heat stroke and don't feel good. Super duper fun. By the end of the first quarter, I'd had it. I told Robbie that Jake & I were going back to the RV. The game was not on the TV at the RV & I knew Robbie really wanted to watch & support Auburn. I convinced Robbie that Jake & I would be fine walking back by ourselves. Robbie feared for the RV's life, but I promised that I would follow his instructions exactly on starting the generator so we could have air & TV. So he let us go.

It took a while, but Jake walked the whole way from the stadium to the RV. I was proud of him. Of course as soon as we got to the RV, he informed me he was no longer tired. He also asked where his friends where, and when I told him they were all still at the game, he told me he wanted to go back. Too bad. I put him down for a much needed nap.

Then I got to watch my Troy Trojans play Tennessee. We got oh so close to beating them! I was so proud of Troy! Once the Auburn game was over, we went ahead & took the RV to the storage lot & came back to Birmingham to watch the rest of the games. Oh my that Alabama/LSU game. Needless to say, our 1st floor got completely cleaned during that horrible 2nd half. But what a finish!

No comments: